Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Anybody shave bias plys in E. Tenn area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wdglide, Sep 28, 2021.

1. wdglide

wdglide

2. Budget36

Budget36

I remember a thread from a year or two back, something like “who has a tire shaver and what’s your location “. Or similar. Googling searching the HAMB might bring it up for you.
    Nice ride !

wdglide likes this.
  3. I didnt get to make Old North State this year unfortunately (you may have seen me there in cardboard cut out fashion in Hollys 47) Its not the Knoxville area, but in a few weeks i will be bringing my Tire Truer to Bens shop to live. Other wise, look for big truck tire shops. that's probably your best bet. they may look at you funny, but 18 wheelers are the last ones that still do that with their tires.

garage2small, 4ever18, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  4. wdglide

wdglide

I most certainly saw your cutout. You photo bombed everyone! :)

Good to know. Ben's is always worth a trip. Thanks.

lothiandon1940, 4ever18 and Stogy like this.

5. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great looking A! Why not drive down to Chattanooga and let Coker deal with their own product. I called them and told them I had a pair ( bias look radials) on the front of my A roadster that wouldn't road force balance. I was going to be in their area so I took them with me and went by. They were surprised I popped in but gave me a new set. They stood behind the product.

lothiandon1940, wdglide and 4ever18 like this.
  6. Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 and wdglide like this.
  7. Coker took care of an out of round Excelsior for me. I drove down from Rogersville with the loose tire mounted on the wheel. I called ahead and made an appointment. Talked to Adam in customer service.
    They checked my tire and wheel on THEIR balancer, confirmed the runout, put on a new tire and balanced. Cost me $63 for tread wear, mount and balance. With 35 years in the tire biz, I covered all the bases with them, so no BS.

alanp561 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. wdglide

wdglide

Fyi

Davids tire on Middlebrook Pike (Knoxville) shaves bias plys.