Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Eckler's Automotive question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ron Duly, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Against my better judgment I placed an order with them. Order arrived incomplete, inflated shipping and was impossible to get anyone on the phone. I’m done with them.

Elcohaulic and olscrounger like this.
  2. junkman8888

junkman8888

Years ago I ordered a bunch of Model A parts from Mac's to include a set of hinge pins. When the shipment arrived one of the hinge pins was mangled beyond belief so I called them to see if they would exchange the defective item but was told I had to pay shipping charges both ways. (At the time, a hinge pin was less then two bucks, but their minimum shipping charge was ten bucks). Needless to say that was the last time I ordered anything from Mac's.

46international and olscrounger like this.
  3. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Shipping is the killer, in the process of rebuilding front and rear suspension on my truck. Shipping was accounting for a minimum of 10% of the money spent on my parts. I took the biggest hits in the beginning. I learned my lesson and started looking for free shipping deals during the holidays.

4. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Never have I received everything I ordered from them. Not once. I have moved on... they email me 3 times a day. Hard pass on Ecklers.

5. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

I used to order parts from them when they were still Macs. Now I only order from them when they're the only one that handles what I'm looking for. Seems like they're a shipping company that handles a few parts.

Sky Six and X38 like this.
  6. shoebirdgal

shoebirdgal

I know this is an old thread, but Eckler's is still bad, probably even worse than before, and I doubt much has to do with COVID stuff.

I needed a console shifter for a Galaxie and only three places had it. Eckler's/Mac's had the best price so I figured I'd order. I went on their site and entered all my info and then a pop up for 15% showed so I entered that code. "Invalid code" was the warning after I hit submit. So I called and got someone right away and everything worked out and I paid the extra for expedited processing. Well, it's been 12 days and the item still says processing and they're not responding to emails and the phone line is always busy. I've been on their line for 42 minutes right now and that's after I waited 20 minutes earlier and 30 minutes the other day and so on.

Save yourself a headache and order from anyone other than Eckler's. Spend a few extra bucks to get it from a better source, it will probably even out anyway with the shipping cost from Eckler's and you'll likely get the item on time and correct. For instance, this $163 part came out to $211 after shipping and bull.

7. I just can't understand how they can stay in business with service like that.

5window likes this.
  8. 55blacktie

55blacktie

I recently ordered seat foam for my 55 Tbird from Mac's, which is owned by Eckler's. I had read numerous negative reviews for Eckler's before placing my order, particularly for their customer service. Again, before placing my order, I emailed them, asking if my credit card would be charged before the foam shipped. I received a reply within 24 hours and was told that my card would be charged as soon as I placed the order, because the seat foam would be shipped directly from the manufacturer, and they wanted their money up front. I went ahead and placed the order, knowing Amex would make it right if there were any problems with the order. The set foam, shipped by Larry's Thunderbird and Mustang Parts, arrived in a timely manner. I saved a considerable amount of money for the foam and shipping by buying from Mac's. During the whole process, I communicated with a member of a Tbird forum, who also ordered seat foam from Mac's. He was very pleased with his purchase.

9. manyolcars

manyolcars

Lots of guys are not happy with Macs and Ecklers. I buy from Danchuk. Never had a problem

Just Gary likes this.
  10. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I won't buy from Ecklers ever again. They are a scumbag shit company with some dirty practices.

Airborne34 likes this.
  11. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

This exactly!!!! Rapist!