Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shipping cost of fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdman1, Sep 27, 2021.

1. birdman1

birdman1

I can't believe the cost of shipping body sheet metal. Does anyone know of a dealer or warehouse for say Goodmark or Mill Supply in the Omaha area area,? And it seems like none of the suppliers bring parts to swap meets . A $100 quarter panel costs $300 to ship!

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  2. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

try fastenal.....

3. check with Greyhound if you have one local

Lost in the Fifties likes this.
  4. That is a great deal compared to getting these parts to me here in Alaska . A 1/4 panel to me is over $500.00.
    I would try fastenall , but not all locations accept freight. It will take some homework.
    Vic

5. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

Late in the year now, but find a seller, manufacturer or dealer that will be at a big show near you. order and pay ahead of time than meet them at the show. I did with a dealer he said he would add to his order (free shipping on his huge order) it could take 2 months.

Just Gary and Hot Rods Ta Hell like this.
  6. ken bogren

ken bogren

Try a HAMB relay?

trulyvintage likes this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Folks he is looking to get new parts though a vendor. Not quite the same as shipping used parts
    OPG does free ground shipping on orders over a certain price level.
    Many vendors who have a display at a big show will deliver parts at the show that you have pre ordered and not charge shipping.

It doesn't hurt to contact Goodmark or Mill supply and ask of they have a vendor in your area either. Have you got a dealer close to me, is an honest question to ask any manufacture on any product. I've bought industrial items from my regular vendors by calling the manufacture about a part and then asking who I need to order it from.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  8. birdman1

birdman1

Thanks for the help , have a good day.

9. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

Shipping charges have gone outa-sight on most things today....Your local supplier has to pay them to....Capitalism at it's best...

10. Budget36

Budget36

Funny I was conversing with a fella the other day how expensive it was to ship stuff. 10 dollar part and 20 to ship it. Then locally the part cost 40 bucks…

The thing is, can you find the 1/4 panel for less than 400 $ somewhat local, if not think of it as a 400$ 1/4 panel;)

11. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

Try and find a LKQ salvage yard,they own the Keystone brand of aftermarket parts,see if they have any available,they ship between yards easy.Here in canada they are the only place to get aftermarket body panels from,Monidex is another company,but they dont have any panels for older cars. Some of the stuff is getting hard to get with all the shutdowns,a lot of the parts for newer cars are backordered. harvey

12. Yeah a one piece floor for my elco was $799, they said $577 to ship it. No says I.

13. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I usually tried to figure out how to make this type of thing into a road trip. It was not always feasible but a lot were an adventure of sorts. Grab the missus and go get the floor.

14. It's the principle Larry lol. If i rob somebody, i go to the pin lol. I did some measuring, and figured out that 66-67 chevelle floor halves were almost a perfect fit. Gotta add 3" down the center. Cost me around $225

lonejacklarry likes this.
  15. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

If you are in the upper Midwest, you cant beat the price of "Speedee". They don't have many offices, but they are way cheaper than the big boys.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  16. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just shipped a 32 frame and a Winters QC from NE to WA and with my 75% discount it was still over 1100.00. Shipping my T5 Kits has went from an average of 25.00 to 40.00. I'd like to get some 32 front fenders from Brookville but the truck freight may cause a heart attack? I still use UPS but am also looking to Speedee if they'll pickup?

17. NasT

NasT
    from MD

Exactly!! I just bought this, $100 + $200 Shipping =$300 Qtr.......maybe I was dumb?? I wanted it.

IMG_20210926_132913194_HDR.jpg

18. I had a guy wanting fenders hauled from California
    to Oklahoma just call me - I recommended he post
    up on the relay thread.

Jim