Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Fort Wayne Clutch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tubman, Sep 27, 2021.

1. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just got off the phone with Fort Wayne Clutch and I thought the folks here might be interested on how the conversation went. As a bit of background, I found a core left over from when I changed the clutch in my '51 Ford back in 2016. It was complete, in the original box, and had all of the original paperwork, including a sheet that said it was returnable for a $20 core charge as well as a UPS return label. Since I purchased it five years ago, I called them to make sure the return would go through and they told me that they didn't want it, as they were selling all new components now. This aroused my curiosity, and I asked him where they were able to get new components these days.

He answered, and this is a direct quote : "Oh, some guy named 'Wong Fu'."

GordonC likes this.
  2. Budget36

Budget36

I’ll be. Do they still rebuild clutches, or only sell now?

3. 42merc

42merc

Budget36 : asks: I’ll be. Do they still rebuild clutches, or only sell now?

tubman says : they told me that they didn't want it, as they were selling all new components now.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got the impression that they only rebuild clutches that they can't buy new.

Budget36 likes this.

5. Fordors

Fordors

I haven’t been there in years but you
    might consider Surge Friction in South Holland,IL. They do clutches for cars, heavy trucks, tractors, race cars, pretty much everything. Might be worth a call.

6. rusty valley

rusty valley

7. They may not want your core but aren't they required to accept it and pay you your $20? o_O