Register now to get rid of these ads!

Removed questions

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by johnfin, Sep 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnfin

johnfin
    from auburndale

It appears that your site removes my questions. Why is this?

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

3. johnfin

johnfin
    from auburndale

Really, I thought this was a HOT ROD forum. The definition by webster of a HOT ROD is : modify (a vehicle or other device) to make it faster or more powerful. My Datsun (which was never mentioned what is it in the post) is an LS1 build. Also a Jalopy is defined as : a dilapidated old vehicle. So keep up your great censorship, everyone on this forum would really appreciate it.

4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The definition of a HAMB HOT ROD - is a Traditional ERA of Hot Rods and Custom Cars/ Trucks from the
    1920's to the EARLY 1960's.

You won't see that definition in Webster's Dictionary but that is the Definition of the HAMB Web Site.

Webster's doesn't own this Website, Ryan Cochran does.

You've been on here for 13 years and you are just now learning that ?

Censorship ? Naaaaa - rules - don't like it - maybe the HAMB is not for you.
    LS shit is too new - delete.....

Really.....

Stogy, Thor1, mgtstumpy and 3 others like this.

5. Rules are not censorship!!!
    If you have qustions about L.S. powered Datsuns join a forum for modern engine swaps don't join a forum for period correct hot rods and customs, then demand they change to suit your whims.

To quote Hank Hill "You can have all the free expression you want, within the law"

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

did you even look at the rules here? this place has a very narrow focus and is not for everyone

Stogy, Thor1, mgtstumpy and 2 others like this.
  7. I love it when people quote from general language dictionaries to justify their OT position in an idiomatic and specific hobby that is in no way addressed by dictionaries intended for use by the general public. Most hobbies, industries, professions and trades have their own languages - commonly called jargon - and people within those areas all understand it.

This place even provides it's own parameters, just to make things clear. Yet people still want to pull out some primary school dictionary to back themselves up.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  8. They do.

9. Yes, we do. Wrong place for ls swap.

Thor1 and Moriarity like this.
  10. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

I,ve had three threads/posts deleted and I,m happy enough, I think this forum is absolutely spot on. If you don't like it the way it is, go elsewhere, don't try to infect or force your modern crap on us. Sorry if this sounds like a rant mods, I for one appreciate everything the mods and membership do to keep this site traditional and pure.

Thor1 likes this.
  11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks - yep pretty tight ship that some think should be expanded with the times to newer performance stuff.

Just not the case - focus is truly the ERA of Traditional Hot Rods and Customer Cars from the 1920's to early 1960's.
    That's it.

Nothing is personal - we Moderator- based on Editorial decisions that not everyone agrees with, but that's the way it is.
    With what - I've lost track... 250,000 plus members ? - we keep it tight / focused.
    If one thinks we should make a exception - 1,000 more guys want exceptions too.

Then the HAMB wouldn't be the HAMB.

The HAMB is about The Traditional ERA of Hot Rodding and Customs history.

Hard to believe but doing it for 20 plus years.

mrquickwhip, Thor1, bowie and 4 others like this.
  12. metalshapes

metalshapes

Since you are so fond of quoting Webster,

Censorship : "the actions or practices of censors"

And
    Censor : "an official who examines materials (such as publications or films) for objectionable matter."

And on the HAMB, a LS powered Datsun certainly qualifies as being objectionable.

But we usually call it Editing. :)

Any more questions?

13. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@johnfin
    Maybe this will help to illustrate the situation here.
    The moving platform is the H.A.M.B. The stationary cat is YOU, and the bouncing, jumping, chair is the Moderators trying their best, to not hit you in the head while trying to be informative.
    A real engineer would understand the goal here !
    Thanks for playing !

14. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

41 GMC K-18,

I have to admit I don't understand your illustration...but that video is mesmerizing! After about the third time watching it through I was able to break the spell and move on.:rolleyes::eek:o_O

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  15. Hey thor, i think i can help out here. Since most people overanalyze and overthink everything, he is using the video as a visual aid in telling the op to stop being a bitch. Because the op obviously believes he knows more than everybody here. And that the hamb should host his badass buildup of a tuner/drift car because it has an American powerplant. Even though the rules, which are plainly laid out so that he could've read them over these past 12 years of creating a membership here, state that IF IT WASN'T AVAILABLE TO BE ON YOUR CAR IN 1965, THEN DON'T POST IT OR TALK ABOUT IT ON THE HAMB. truly hard to overthink that. It's very basic and plain.
    No sir, thank you for explaining it with a visual aid :D;)

Now my dumbass has got to get back to work. Peace, I'm out :cool:

Thor1 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  16. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

This one has run its course.

Thor1, Jeff Norwell and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.