Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Drag Week 2021

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Mar 30, 2021.

1. spanners

spanners

Nicely done by all the HAMBers that competed. I bet it takes awhile to get over the physical punishment of Drag week but a long time to get rid of the smiles.

2. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

My wife and I just completed Rocky Mountain Race Week 2.0 in an off topic vehicle I built . I thought Squirrel might show up for that one on his way home. :) These events are a true test of man and machine. We had a blast.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Excellent story line Jim,...thanks for the effort to tell us the story....thanks to all who posted on this thread. here's a few more pics from Byron.
    Hope Drag Week returns to this area again in a few years.
    DSCN6477 (1).JPG DSCN6476.JPG DSCN6486.JPG DSCN6492 (1).JPG DSCN6495 (1).JPG DSCN6494 (1).JPG DSCN6497 (1).JPG DSCN6513 (1).JPG DSCN6521 (1).JPG DSCN6522.JPG DSCN6565.JPG

4. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Collected most of the pics I took in an online gallery. You can see it by clicking here.
    WARNING: Just so you know, there's probably more O/T stuff there than our overworked mods could delete in a week.:eek:
    So if posting the link might even be too O/T for this board, feel free to dee-leet!
    Again, thanks to all who contributed. Great stuff.

charleyw, Stogy, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  5. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Drove eight hours, 450 miles today to buy what I'm planning to use for Drag Week next year if I can get it built in time. Unfortunately it's a year too new for the HAMB, so I won't be doing a build thread.

loudbang and squirrel like this.
  6. squirrel

squirrel

7. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeh, I've been in charge of enough events and had people show up thinking the rules should change to accommodate them. Build to the rules, don't expect the rules to change for you.

8. loudbang

loudbang

Great bunch of shots. :)

fauj and Stogy like this.
  9. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

There is a story I heard that the AMC Javelin crashed on the last day at 131. Is that true? I never heard of it on the HAMB.

loudbang likes this.
  10. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

Thanks for the extra photos.. I like to see all the cars , not just the flavor of the day cars. The behind the scene happenings are interesting too.. Wife and I had early plans to attend Drag Week and Rocky Mountain race week as spectators. As usual plans went sideways.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Javelin. Yes Bryant Goldstone got out of shape at the big end. Hit wall, rolled into roof. He climbed out before help arrived.

He was shaken up and dinged up. Car, not much left.

Sorry to detail this terrible incident.

loudbang likes this.
  12. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great shots! Is that 55 steel?

loudbang likes this.
  13. squirrel

squirrel

And after they finished cleaning it up, Jay was next up in his 55, and something happened and he ended up hitting the wall, too. Then after they cleaned up again, a few cars later a husband/wife pair ran, and she hit the wall. It was unreal....

loudbang and MBog like this.
  14. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

Sorry to hear about all those accidents, so the rumor was true, a real shame.

loudbang likes this.