Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Your regular car that had terrible blow by / humor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by blazedogs, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:DHahahahahahahaha!!!:D

mrspeedyt likes this.
  2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some of my projects over the years were pretty nice. Many of my newer model daily drivers over the years were complete P'sOS.
    My wife made a very astute observation one day. She said... "As long as you have your old cars, you don't really care WHAT you drive on a regular basis, do you."
    "That's right." :cool: :D

mrspeedyt likes this.
  3. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

Had a rusted 4 door 1959 Chevy 6 cyl, slip n slide and the front seat was tied on a couple of 2x4s that were strapped to the floor.
    The road draft tube was extended to the rear bumper so it looked like duel exhaust with one side smoking a bit more than the other.

4. Budget36

Budget36

I’ve driven behind many of the posters in this thread;)

mrspeedyt likes this.
  5. dwollam

dwollam

I've had two I remember in particular. Senior year of hi school I took a '42 Dodge pickup in on trade on the sale of a '62 t-bird. Can't remember how many times I got stopped by cops with that one for excessive smoke but never got a ticket.

Second one is my avatar. .080 over flathead with bore nearing .100 over by now! Blowby inside was so bad it made it made your lungs hurt! I built a tube over the pan vent and ran it into a check valve in the exhaust pipe like a dragster, then added a breather hose from oil filler into bottom of air filter base. WAY better inside now but it affects the idle and does get a little smoke out the exhaust under load. Rebuild....someday. Too much history in this car to get in too much of a hurry to change anything.

Dave

6. Glenn Thoreson

Glenn Thoreson
    from SW Wyoming

I always thought blow by was natural. I used to get 50.00 cars off the back row of sleazy dealers lots. I'd drive them from Denver to L.A and back, following available work. They never gave me any trouble other than flathead Fords boiling over on the Mojave desert. Oh yeah, and the starter falling off a '54 Olds in Utah. Drug that thing by the cable for a long way before I discovered it on a rest stop. A cop stopped me in a little town in Utah. He said "you didn't do anything wrong, I just wanted to see who would drive this thing".
    Them were the days. No Interstates, just 2 lane roads and almost no traffic. And lots of smoke.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

There was a Santa Clara (CA) cop that told my bud Ramsay that very same thing! (or close)
    Ramsay's then-'ride' was a tattered old dark blue '38 Ford Coupe...(with a faaast 364" Olds Rocket)
    Big dent on skirt of right front fender, with a large name across the dent: "THE UNTOUCHABLE"

williebill likes this.