Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Frenzel Supercharger Co. Is Back!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That feels a bit like looking for drama where there isn't any.

I like to be very open and transparent about my beliefs of such things. What you are describing sounds like something Speedway would do. You can read more about that thievery here:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=23701

An American company taking an idea and then utilizing cheap labor in China to have it mass produced. I don't like this form of capitalism at all... and that's why I wrote about it.

***​

People like Stromberg and Frenzel are doing something ENTIRELY different in my opinion.

They are finding products of yore that have long since last seen a production line and reproducing them when others haven't in decades... And Stromberg and (apparently) Frenzel have gone so far as buying the name as well.

Not only is this perfectly legal, but I see nothing wrong with this morally either... In fact, I think it's a service to the community to be able not only to get full service carbs and superchargers again, but parts as well.

2. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Damn! I hope some of you Hambers don't get caught with later-design forged pistons . . .
    Off with their heads!

Tman and WiredSpider like this.
  3. Oldmate

Oldmate

Well said

Outback, lothiandon1940 and Joe Blow like this.
  4. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Why wouldn,t it be?
    It is no different than repro Ardun heads,Halibrand quickchanges,Stromberg carbs and 32 roadster and coupe bodies

Oldmate likes this.
  5. Budget36

Budget36

No, I think you missed the intent of my reply.

No drama intended. I was referring to the two companies involved that are now producing/will be producing them.
    What caught my eye was just a small difference in the websites of each and the name.

Joe Blow likes this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

All good homie.

I still don’t see how either of them are stealing IP though… They are both keeping something alive in some way.

7. Hate to nitpick, but Australia is "The arse end of the world", not "The ass end of the world"
    Geez...

fauj likes this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You say Toolangi, I say "Tater"!:D

Oldmate likes this.
  9. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very glad to see that this style of super charger is being built again !
    Thanks for posting !

lothiandon1940, Joe Blow and Oldmate like this.
  10. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

Did the US or Aussi guys building the new units figure out a way to regulate the oil to the gear box? From what Mike Russel that ran one said it was the achilles heel of the unit.

11. aircap

aircap

Frenzel blowers are bitchin. The end.

Oldmate and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  12. Loveless is casting the housings and machining the spinning bits, so no difference between the two there.

Loveless had filed for the trademark "Frenzel" (as it would appear on the housing) prior to the Australians filing for "Frenzel Superchargers" but appears to have abandoned it for some reason.

13. Oldmate

Oldmate

Smaller diameter feed line in & a regulator- I’ve pm’d you

14. uncle buck

uncle buck

How much are your units?
    Also , does anyone know if the unit stolen unit from the Early Ford Store several years ago was ever recovered?

Asphalt Demon and Oldmate like this.
  15. Nick Agius

Nick Agius

I've seen the Aussie blowers up close against an original and they haven't taken reproducing these lightly. They're perfect, And sound great.

Great job Tim & Paul :)

kool 52, uncle buck and Oldmate like this.
  16. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like Mike Curtis might be whittling them. He is one hell of a machinist/computer genius. Reminds me a bit of Alan Budnik, a Texan who made it big in Cal.

17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We "complain" about the Chinese because of their inherent shitbox quality.

18. chiro

chiro

So F**king Cool. I wish I had a motor to put it on. May be time to build another flatty.
    Andy

Speed Gems likes this.
  19. AmishMike

AmishMike

Not me, but when will someone fit to SBC that revs a bit higher then a flathead & see what breaks first? Sure do look good.

20. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amazing story.....keep up the Aussesome work...

21. Lil Fatso

Lil Fatso

I have one, supposed to be a loveless model. It’s stamped 14 so I’m guessing it was number 14 made? I bought it second hand and it appears to have a different cast aluminum snout and intake from what they sell. It’s also apparently got some upgrades such as NSK Hybrid Ceramic bearings, and a 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum impeller. Heres a few pics of what I have. Now I just need to find a flatty powered roadster for this thing!
    88A06761-34D2-40A6-8193-D7DB47959BE7.jpeg 230FA8D7-7504-433C-942C-515EC09CD115.jpeg AF7FBCA7-2430-4EF8-8DDF-D2B7389BFD9C.jpeg 191B4080-0B2C-494F-A3AA-E97532F9183E.jpeg 4DDCEFF4-CFAA-4A34-A45D-66BDE0235938.jpeg EFC72D25-7F35-4207-8258-F697163FAFFF.jpeg 62090C79-356D-4874-8711-6EF127E74622.jpeg

22. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

I'm curious as to how many of these reproduction superchargers have actually been sold. According to the last posting on here there have been at least 14 of the Loveless ones that have been sold. I'm just wondering if the guys in Australia have sold any at all, after all the time and effort that they put into the project. Shipping from here to Australia and from Australia to here is at a standstill from what I have been told. Without delivery, this must be a hard sell.

I also find it quite ironic that after all these years, there are two groups of people half a world apart, that are reproducing the same vintage supercharger, at the same time, with apparently each thinking they are the only ones reproducing the Frenzel supercharger. With all the health issues going on world wide, the timing of these endeavors can't be in either ones favor.

Outback and Lil Fatso like this.
  23. V8-m

V8-m
    from Alaska

I started to build one by myself...not very far advanced but made some progress.

Attached Files:

303racer, Cosmo49, rod1 and 1 other person like this.