Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 1933 3 window auction result

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1952henry, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Absolute insanity :confused:

2. low down A

low down A

now i suppose every old car that wasn't a 32 will be a 32 and worth about a million dollar's

3. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

How much did the 34 Roadster go for??????
    That’s a nice start. -Disregard, Found further up the post……
    Wowzy!!!!!!!!!!!

4. rusty valley

rusty valley

54k for the roadster I believe

5. Here’s ya one with what looks like some spray foam insulation all ready installed
    1A2566CB-B5D0-4BD5-ABDC-CD8FF8E7BB55.png

6. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

At least the family didn't call the crushers first.

7. The '32 Fordor was a very good deal, but I thought the deal of the auction was the restored '34 Victoria for just $39,000. This was a Dearborn Award winner 960 point car. Even though I don't have the room, I would have loved to have it. It should have brought the same money as the '36 Cabriolet at $59,500. Those crazy prices on the other cars reflect that two bidders had to have it after driving all the way to the middle of North Dakota with enough cash and they weren't coming home with an empty trailer. Many times ego overrides common sense when the bidding gets hot. It's not often you get a deal at an auction, you usually spend a lot of time there and walk away empty handed.

https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/lot-item/23k-2/
    [​IMG]
    The auction results are here. All the cars are on the end of page 2 and all of page3.

https://vanderbrinkauction.proxibid...t-catalog/201865?p=1&srchloc=true&sort=0#cnTb

I was at the Slaymaker Auction in Spencer, IA in July and didn't buy a single thing. Yvette VanDerBrink is from my hometown of Sioux Falls, SD and I know the whole family. Her dad, Art owns Nordstrom's Auto Salvage near Garretson, SD and many years ago used to bring his V-8 powered tractor to Huset's Speedway in Brandon, SD to push start the sprint cars. My favorite saying for Art was "Praise The Lord" and "pass the Vaseline" when I bought parts from him, because he always promoted PTLA in the business. His son, Shannon Nordstrom used to race ATV's and now has a radio show called "Under The Hood". Although I'm not always happy with the way Yvette conducts her auctions in the past, I will say she really knows how to promote her auctions and always gets the most money she can for her clients in most cases. At Spencer she and her crew worked their asses off to get the huge amount of stuff that Jack Slaymaker had accumulated auctioned off for top dollar. I didn't think they could get it done in one day but they did in near 100 degree temperatures with high humidity. I had had enough by 4:00 PM and left while they were still going. That's the thing I admire the most, like most people from South Dakota, Yvette, despite being a breast cancer survivor, she and her crew really know how to work and get the job done.

stillrunners, WalkerMD and Tman like this.
  8. Status
    This auction is over
    Auction Type
    Live On-Site With Online Bidding
    Date
    Saturday September 18, 2021
    Time
    9:30 AM
    10105 132nd Ave. SW, Scranton, North Dakota, 58653
    ***Results not available*** This is what I get when I want to see the final bids.

9. Belle53

Belle53

I was there for the auction and I was very surprised at the prices...and many others there were too. A lot of head shaking
    Krinke himself was there and looking very good for 88. He has a 32 Ford roadster being built

10. phat rat

phat rat

I left, as soon as the cars were done, with an empty trailer. I just couldn't get past the prices that were being paid for what would be projects.

11. Was at one of her earliest auction's in Enid, Ok - of old man Jordon's stuff I'd desired since I was 15.....was out bid in seconds for some of his stuff that was moved from site to site by some old tractors....lots of damage but what the heck - it finally had a new owner.

12. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

That extra zero tacked onto the end of those prices is what you'd call a tax for the stupid...

13. If you click on my link it takes you to three pages of results. It still works for me.

https://vanderbrinkauction.proxibid...t-catalog/201865?p=1&srchloc=true&sort=0#cnTb

14. 41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  15. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

People get STUPID at auctions!!!