Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. Era Music on Spotify! (phone/web)

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Nicholas Coe, Apr 10, 2021.

1. That is really disappointing. I have to pay a monthly fee for it to play without commercials. I wish I could change that! Thanks for letting me know and Thanks for giving the playlist a try!

Attached Files:

quick85 and 210superair like this.
  2. 38 listeners! Thank you.
    Now featuring a few hits from these guys!

Attached Files:

quick85 likes this.
  3. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool stuff! I have a 1958 Magnavox stereo console in my game room. I am a big stickler for original when it comes to that stuff but those old stereos are pretty inconvenient if you aren't in the mood to fuss with vinyl or tapes. I built a Raspberry Pi (a tiny computer) with an analog audio output chip and loaded it with a really lightweight Linux derivative designed to run Spotify and Spotify alone. I concealed it inside the case. Then I set it up to tap power from the main board, so it boots up when the console is turned on, and plugged the analog output into the auxiliary input on the inside. The result is that the original Magnavox console is virtually unaltered and the Raspberry is completely invisible, but you can play anything you want from it from your phone from any room in the house by selecting the aux input.

After all that work, a tube blew somewhere in it and I haven't got around to testing them all to figure out which one failed. :rolleyes: But what I'm getting at is that yours and Roothawg's playlists are making me want to.

Roothawg, quick85 and Nicholas Coe like this.
  4. That would be perfect! That is exactly why I designed this playlist. Time travel!

5. We are currently at 41 listeners. Lets have a party! Beach Boys style....

Attached Files:

6. Let's get to 50 listeners! Here's a couple new additions for the car shows. Happy 4th of July to everyone!

Attached Files:

quick85 likes this.
  7. Here's another weekend bump!

Attached Files:

quick85 likes this.
  8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Just added it to my library. Good stuff!

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  9. Thank you! Enjoy.

10. 51 Listeners! Thank you!

Lets have a party!

Attached Files:

11. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

One of the great album covers. My parents got rid of my Ventures albums
    after I moved out, including IN SPACE. I eventually replaced it with the
    compact disc but I miss the large scale artwork.

Deuces and Nicholas Coe like this.
  12. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Nicholas, I enjoy your postings and the follow-up comments. I haven't become
    a listener simply because I've burned my own 80 minute cds and now have a
    super collection of '50s and '60s tunes. I've posted four of my track lists in
    case any of the members might want to fill in some missing songs, get an idea
    for tunes and maybe see an alternative version to something they've heard.
    Keep up your good work, it's interesting.

img20210915_22002521.jpg img20210915_22012204.jpg img20210915_22021942.jpg img20210915_22031339.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Nicholas Coe and tommyd like this.
  13. Absolutely! Thanks. I bet you have a few more songs in your list that I need to add as well!

quick85 likes this.
  14. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Thanks for giving me the incentive to pull these discs out. I hope these titles
    will be of use to someone. Looking through the songs it's easy to think "I know
    exactly where I was the first time I heard this" or "Oh man, remember that night".
    It didn't have to be a special time or a tragedy, it could be "Heading to school in the
    Nova after picking up Freddie" or "Man, that was the last morning of high school.
    We were graduating that night".

You'll notice everything isn't rock 'n roll, or just "rock". There's some straight up
    pop music for the more mature of the day.

img20210920_13074085.jpg img20210920_13084322.jpg img20210920_13093891.jpg img20210920_13105190.jpg

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  15. Wonderful stuff again! I have the same exact feelings when I listen to music. I love the memories together with the music. Thanks!

quick85 likes this.
  16. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

You're welcome, glad to do it.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  17. Happy Holidays! No Christmas music here but we definitely got the Beach Boys!

We're almost there folks! 59 Listeners. Thank you!

Attached Files:

quick85 likes this.
  18. set me on fire

set me on fire

this disc was a $3 score at the thift store!
    to bad i cant find'em on spotify cuz they'er the cats pajamas
    20211206_191040.jpg

Roothawg and Nicholas Coe like this.
  19. Nice score!

20. Fingers

Fingers

Listened a bit today :)
    Great work

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  21. Thank you! Please let me know if I can improve anything or add more songs? Are there any classics from Australia that I could add?

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

That’s weird. I don’t have any commercials. I have had Spotify for about a year.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  23. Roothawg

Roothawg

24. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    Nicholas Coe likes this.
  25. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  27. Hello everyone!
    I just added a few more songs from the great Dallas rock and roll icon: Gene Summers. What an exciting early rocker. Have a great weekend!

Nick

Attached Files:

pprather likes this.
  28. madalinet

madalinet

Hey, that's awesome news! It's always great to see more classic music being added to Spotify. I'm definitely going to have to check out the H.A.M.B. ERA music.
    Speaking of Spotify, buy Spotify plays if you're an artist or band looking to increase your plays and followers. It's a quick and easy way to boost your music and get it in front of more people. Just be careful not to fall for any scams or shady providers.
    Anyway, thanks for the heads up about H.A.M.B. ERA music on Spotify. I'm excited to give it a listen!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  29. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice..I subscribe to Sirius in our OT truck and use my phone to transmit to my blue tooth revised 56 Ford radio. Lots of stations with oldies etc. So I’m not going to do 2…..Your song title list is great.