Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1942 Chevy Coupe. SOLD!

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by TUMBLEWEED GARAGE, Aug 14, 2021.

1. City: Upland

State: California
    Price: $5,500
    1942 Chevrolet Coupe. I have owned this car since 1979. It has been a challenge since day one. I have had two complete suspension stolen out from under it at two different shops. It was in storage in the high desert and someone stripped many parts off of it. It's time to throw in the towel.

This vehicle is almost completely rust-free other than two small areas repaired in the rear wheel wells. All of the 1942 specific front sheet metal has been stolen. I have 1947 sheet metal for the front which, I like better than the 42 stuff. It has a bitchin firewall and front floor pans. the only reason the front floor pans were changed was to match the firewall.

It has a combination of Hiedts and TCI front suspension. It is coil spring. The rotors and calipers are off of another project and have less than 300 miles on them. Everything else is new including the rack.
    The rear suspension is chassis engineering parallel leaves with an 8in Ford out of a 1971 Mustang.
    It has a new Flaming River tilt / automatic column with stainless steel U joints and shaft making it a steering car. I have a TCI brake pedal assembly with master cylinder. It has a vintage air compact AC unit mounted on the firewall..
    It has a bitchin products smooth dashboard.
    As I said, several parts have been stolen including some minor sheet metal pieces from the front end, the deck lid and the internals from the doors.

It comes with front and rear bumper brackets and 5 bumpers. It has two rear gravel pans, four Fender extensions, four front fenders, two hoods and a bunch of miscellaneous parts including new hood hinges

It is set up for a small block Chevy with a turbo 400 transmission. I will include a turbo 400 that was working when I removed it from the car.
    The bottom of the body has been media blasted and painted. The inside of the vehicle was media blasted but, it could use another cleaning due to surface rust.
    All new body mounts with bolts.

I have a clean California title for the car. The last year registration was 1972.

Just in the last 3 months I have spent in the neighborhood of $2,500 in parts.

Attached Files:

6inarow likes this.