Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. Now that all of the snow has melted in the rear yard, I was out checking on the roadster tucked away in it's hauler. Nice to see that It has survived the winter and I'm DSCF0018.JPG really glad that I have as well.......

2. Glad to report that the covered running boards are on their way to Thunder Bay.....

3. The "boards" arrived safe and sound ! Boy, they sure look nice.... As I have mentioned before " What a great time to be building a '32 " .....Hope to post a progress picture of the nearly completed frame all boxed and painted , in the next few days......Really looking forward to the re-assembly of the running gear, after all of this time !

Tony Martino, 36 ROKIT and Denns1989 like this.
  4. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

That paint is stunning! Did you apply it?

Hapydz, Nicholas Coe and 36 ROKIT like this.
  5. I would very much like to say that I did , but I can't....A local "artist" by the name of Shawn Hopkins did his magic on my '39 and I am very lucky to know him !!!

Superdangerdave likes this.
  6. Big day in the shop yesterday (well sort of ) I finished welding the boxing plates and rotated the frame into it's normal position. Now I can start the reassembly ...yahooo! DSCF0003.JPG p.s. the cartons house the United Pacific fenders......

7. RobC

RobC
    from Australia

Any updates Ron, it's been a while.

Hapydz, SquintBoy, Denns1989 and 2 others like this.
  8. Rob, I will take some photos very soon and will post them ..... I think my brain has been on vacation for a bit ever since I turned 82 in June......82 ????? My god I didn't realize that I was that old....LOL

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Ron... Best of luck finishing the '32... My high school '32 was bought from an older kid who got admittance to M.I.T.
    His Mom sold me the freshly painted '32 Five window all apart, $275.00.
    '55 was a good year...

Outback, SquintBoy, Blues4U and 3 others like this.
  10. Still have it Mike ?

11. Been away from home recently ,visiting son Myles and family but will be returning home to Thunder Bay very soon. After reading this thread today I just realized that I had better get my rear in gear as soon as I get home so that I won't be leaving a pile of old car parts out in the shop for my wife to dispose of........ Sometimes I guess , we have to get away form our surroundings in order to see the light (at the end of the tunnel) so to speak..... With this in mind I will keep you up to date on the (hopeful) intended progress of the little red, 32 coupe. Stay with us , won't you ?

12. Ordered up a dropped headlight bar today (before my wife came home).....LOL

6inarow likes this.
  13. 6inarow

6inarow

I thought I was the only one.....

jakespeed63 and Hapydz like this.
  14. You aren't alone...........

6inarow likes this.
  15. Thinking about stuff to do when I return home to Thunder Bay early next week. I think I will try to sell part of the fleet. Might even consider parting with the '39. When you are 82 years of age you realize that you are not too far from the finish line and maybe it is time to ...... well you know what I mean.......

16. The headlight bar arrived today and boy is it beautiful !!!! Let see now, what is next ? I guess I had better start moving stuff around so that I can get the frame back into the work bay so that I can lift the body onto it.....photos to come.....

17. No big deal but I ordered up a set of cowl lights for the 32 last evening......

18. Good for you. I’m looking for my 32 3 Window Coupe.

Outback and Hapydz like this.
  19. Feel free to post a photo here of it here.......You just never know what might happen.......Good Luck, Ron

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  20. Planted the body onto its frame last evening for what I believe will be the last and final time......I hope ! Photos to follow tomorrow.....

6inarow and rod1 like this.
  21. Sorry, My camera seems to be pooched........ Maybe I will have to sketch a picture......LOL

Outback, jakespeed63 and 6inarow like this.
  22. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Damn! :(

23. I guess the next item on the shopping list would be the '32 stock style headlights. Will have to do a bit of begging with the banker before that happens....LOL

Denns1989 likes this.
  24. Thanks for that.

Hapydz likes this.
  25. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Thanks for posting a great story of so many years with your love affair of the 32. I’m sure it’s been a lot of ups and downs it always is. I had a 55 nomad project hanging around for some 25 years. Towards the completion it becomes a hard push. And at our age it add another perspective for sure. Love your parts run around the north shore beautiful country. Traveled your country quite a bit lols of great memories I remember a trip up to Timmins I think we seen every animal in the book it was great. Have a Merry Christmas.

kidcampbell71 and Hapydz like this.
  26. Well ; I did order up a new set of headlights today......while my wife was out......shhhhhh.

3406kris, 36 ROKIT, Denns1989 and 2 others like this.
  27. I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and were able to get their wishes fullfilled ..... I also hope that you get your projects well on the way to completion. Thanks for riding along with us !!!!!! Ron

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  28. Really looking forward to returning home in a few days. I sure do miss my shop with the '32 project . I will take some photos and post them here as soon as I get back to Thunder Bay. Hang in there with me !

36 ROKIT, Denns1989 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  29. Sorry to hear that the headlights are out of stock........well I don't need them for a couple of weeks anyway.....LOL

loudbang and Denns1989 like this.
  30. Out in the shop today planing for the next part of the project. I will post some pictures tomorrow. Spent part of today planning the fix for the wheel arch damage to the body sub frame that the rear axel has caused. Should be realativ;ey easy one after some carefull planning. Pictures to follow.......