Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New Port Engineering Wipers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaracer, Sep 16, 2021.

1. jaracer

jaracer

With the lead times and quality of aftermarket parts, I thought I'd post about a company who sent their product in a reasonable time and the quality is top notch. I ordered a wiper kit for my Model A from New Port Engineering in Missouri. I'm very impressed with the quality and the install was relatively quick and easy. It's obvious they put some serious thought into their installation procedure. They supply a jig to position the holes correctly in the header panel. I think it took me about 3 hours to finish the install. That included shortening the wiring harness to position the wiper switch where I wanted it. I'm glad I ordered from them. IMG_1514.JPG IMG_1516.JPG

2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't forget to return the jig to them and they will reward you with a free tee shirt. And yes, excellent product and company!

3. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

Bob's top shelf, best wiper set up in the business!!

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I have Newport wiper systems in my deuce 3 window, 5 window, pickup and 40 coupe and have a kit to install them on my new deuce tudor project. Easy to install and work great. Talk to Bob every week. Nice people to deal with.

5. Top notch company. I put one in my 53 Mainline, and it fit perfectly. Even had an adapter to use the factory switch knob.

6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"36 Cabriolets had one stupid wiper above the windshield with an ugly exposed wiper motor. I used '40 Ford wiper towers and Newport's '40 Ford wiper kit. Great product and worked out perfectly :).
    1.5.jpg

7. SPEC

SPEC

They make the best wiper system in the country!

8. I have their wiper in my Panel truck, bolted right in and works great....I added a delay switch (old new Standard Ign) and made the stock knob fit. They don't make a single arm wiper for the '41 p/u, so I had to go with a Mighty Wiper.

9. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Never heard a bad comment concerning Newport, just the opposite, in fact. I've been putting off getting a kit from them for my '46 PU because of the cost. After about six years of searching for original vacuum motors, I'm feeling I'll have to throw in the towel and cough up the dough. Definitely not worried about getting a quality product from them though.

10. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

They really are the gold standard when it comes to electric wiper conversions for classics. I have 2 cars with their kit and both work flawlessly. The other car I have a PO tried to convert to electric wipers with a motor from a mid 80's GM and it's all messed up, pulls a load of power, parks in the wrong spot... The Newport kit just works, and is cost effective.

11. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

I did the same thing. Went through I think 3 different wipers. Let the smoke out of them all. Finally went with Newport. They are expensive, but the quality is there.

12. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Installed one in my '54 Ranch Wagon. Easy install (although the radio and speaker were removed) Works great.

13. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob and Linda have the best wiper products available for hot rods, if they make one for your application. Their wiper blades and arms are also high quality, plus they have an adjustable arm and a spring that is stout enough that the blade won't hydroplane at freeway speeds in the rain. A lot of the repro wiper arms are junk. Not theirs.

14. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

To bad they don't make anything for 1933/34 Fords....

15. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The best by far--have installed maybe 8-9 in 40's--top notch

hotrodjack33 and jim snow like this.
  16. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From their web site:
    Don’t see what you’re looking for? We’re in constant design mode, so contact us today to let us know what you need.

ottoman, gimpyshotrods and jim snow like this.
  17. Roothawg

Roothawg

Newport Engineering is top notch. I have used them several times and always been happy.

gimpyshotrods and jim snow like this.
  18. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Newport wiper motor on my '49 1/2 ton, 15 years dd/only vehicle. I have the deluxe 2 speed and almost infinitely variable intermittent switch with wiper fluid pump I added on. Great system!!! Intermittent wipers are proof that God loves us and wants us to be safe and happy!

Roothawg and jim snow like this.
  19. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Newport fan here too, have their motor in my 37. Works great.
    Somehow, the dash switch wore out earlier this year. Had to disassemble it and clean the gunk off the copper traces. Put it back together, and it’s back to working fine.
    Also highly recommend their wiper blades. Replace the stock squeegee things, and can actually drive in the rain.

gimpyshotrods, Roothawg and jim snow like this.
  20. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I've bought their wiper motors also, no problems what so ever.

gimpyshotrods, Roothawg and jim snow like this.
  21. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I put Newport wipers in my Nomad and my '40 Ford. Super happy with fit, ease of installation and performance.

22. evintho

evintho

Newport wiper motor in the '54. Quality product and easy install. Luv it!

W Wiper1.JPG

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  23. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Another vote for them here. I have them in my 54 chevy. Great people

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Newport in my Falcon. When the time comes, Newport will go in my Model A, too.

I have installed quite a few of their setups. Flawless, every time!

51504bat likes this.
  25. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

So if I'm reading this right...there anstanding company and look no further. Right? LOL

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  26. Got one for the model A, easy install, quality product

27. 55Belairretrorod

55Belairretrorod
    from Australia

A big thumbs up from down in Australia also. I sold over a hundred of Newport's kits over a ten year period. Only ever had one minor problem (only one speed working on a '54-58 Cadillac kit which may have been an installation issue) which was resolved promptly and without question. If everyone were as easy, efficient, and honest to deal with as Linda, Bob, and Gavin are, the world would be a better place.

28. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

I put the Newport wiper kit in my 29 Pickup. Flawless unit. I plan to buy a kit for my 40 Ford

29. jim snow

jim snow

Installed the kit more years ago than I can remember. One of the best things done to the coupe. Bob is top notch guy. I recommend his stuff to everyone. Snowman

30. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

The only aftermarket item I have not had to modify in any way on my 50 chevy truck.