Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone recognize this Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robbie Horn, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Robbie Horn

Robbie Horn
    from Axtell

2. 5window

5window

No.

Where'd you see it? Did you Google Search the picture. you're not giving us much to go on. Good luck.

Lil32, Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

No, any hints...

Lil32, Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Additional info please.:D

Lil32 and Deuces like this.

5. Robbie Horn

Robbie Horn
    from Axtell

I bought it. It's been in Texas for at least 6 years that I have found out so far. It has factory frame, 4 link front & rear suspension. 58 Chevy rear, 350 eng, turbo 350 trans. Unknown brand dropped front axle, looks like a Mustang steering box . Hoping to maybe find the builder or someone that may know things about it.

Lil32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Did the person you bought it from not have any info about its' history?

Robbie Horn likes this.
  7. Robbie Horn

Robbie Horn
    from Axtell

Not very much & what he did is all wrong.lol That's why I came here with it.

Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

the color and protruding rear tires say "70s" to me.

Robbie Horn likes this.
  9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's rocking that Resto Rod look from the mid 70's to the Nth degree. Nothing wrong with that though.
    I'm guessing that there is a matching pair of hood sides laying around somewhere wondering where the hell their car ran off to. Probably removed by a later owner to give it more of a hot rod look.
    That's the car you always see behind the car someone took a photo of at a car show because that is the kind of car that tends to get to go to a lot of car shows. Load the stuff and go with no worries about a bit of weather or how far it is away.

Robbie Horn likes this.
  10. verde742

verde742

cowl vent and '29 front bumper should be a good clue...

Robbie Horn and Just Gary like this.
  11. 5window

5window

DMV should be able to give you a title history.

Robbie Horn likes this.
  12. Cowl vent is not even a Model A and a 1929 bumper on a 30 - 32 two door. Is this a steel car or glass?

Robbie Horn likes this.
  13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Legally they cannot give out info on prior owners. The privacy act prevents that. I don't know why guys keep throwing out as it has been illegal to do for years.
    Plus do you want some guy showing up and asking about a car you owned for a brief period 15 years ago?

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cowl vent rather makes you wonder why it doesn't have a 32 shell and 32 bumpers.

If you don't change it and drive it to enough events around Texas I'd think others will give you bits of it's history over the next year or two. Someone will spot it and remember when ______ had it.

warhorseracing and Robbie Horn like this.
  15. Robbie Horn

Robbie Horn
    from Axtell

All steel & wood lol except front fenders & hood.

warhorseracing likes this.
  16. It’s a good start.
    I’ve seen guys start from a lot worse.

Robbie Horn likes this.
  17. 5window

5window

BECAUSE-for $12 I can order a title history in Pennsylvania?
    http://www.dot.state.pa.us/public/dvspubsforms/BDL/BDL Form/DL-135.pdf

DESCRIPTION OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE Vehicle record information is available for the past 10 years only
    NOTE: Sales tax and purchase price are considered confidential and will only be provided to the individual who purchased the vehicle, and the dealership that sold the vehicle. Otherwise, this information will not be provided.
    • Title History .........A copy of the title transaction documents and basic information will be provided.
    • Odometer.............A copy of the title/renewal transaction and basic information will be provided.
    • Insurance ............A copy of the title/renewal transaction and basic information will be provided.
    • Encumbrance ...... Includes owners name, address, title number, tag, vehicle identification number (VIN), make and expiration date of tag and lienholder(s) name, address and expiration date of lien(s).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  18. Robbie Horn

Robbie Horn
    from Axtell

Good start? LOL I'm going to cruise it just like it is & enjoy it.

anthony myrick likes this.
  19. norms30a

norms30a

I'm only guessing but "it's a good start' means the cowl vent, glass hood, glass fenders, and little things like the headlight conversion and different bumper are a good start finding clues on the builder. But I'm guessing.

Robbie Horn likes this.
  20. 5window

5window

I kind of like it. Maybe not the HAMB prototype, but it presents nicely and is probably fun to drive.

Just Gary and Robbie Horn like this.