Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What would younger you say?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostone, Sep 13, 2021.

1. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Younger me told me NOT to get remarried but I didn't listen...

2. At 20 and now I'm saying it's stillrunning about my Studie - which was asked a lot over the years.....

lostone likes this.
  3. trollst

trollst

See? You are as smart as you think you are, the girls DO love you, quit being shy.

210superair, lostone and hotrodjack33 like this.
  4. Mimilan

Mimilan

Wrong...........
    Acquire all the VW Kombi's [VW buses] you can get........usually for free!

Nobody ever predicted that Hippie's would get nostalgic

5. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

And have a bunch of money to buy back those memories !!

hotrodjack33 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  6. gene-koning

gene-koning

At 19, I was married (to the same gal yet, 45 years), bought my first house, was working a full time job (50 hours a week) and working for myself at night.. I had goals and was working hard towards a future plan. That plan was adapted and changed slightly over the years, but it was pretty much the same process.

If that 20 year old me was looking at me now, he would have said "Damn, that was a pretty good plan." He would have been pretty impressed how well the old me handled the twists and turns that came along through the process. Gene

alanp561, seadog, lostone and 5 others like this.
  7. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Buy those chrome 5 window garnish moldings from Halibrand Hal for $200 bucks.

hotrodjack33 and lostone like this.
  8. Some of you must have been idiots in your youth. I am going to be 52 next month. Digging through old pics tonight and see a shot of me from 97, I thought deep and I was smarter then than I am now. Or not.

9. Younger me would think it took too long to finish the Chevy.

bowie, hotrodjack33 and lostone like this.
  10. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20’s me would be saying, “I bet your glad , you listened to all those old farts; who said…that’s one I should have hung on to”. He would also say “ I wish we hadn’t blown up the 301” in the ‘32, back in ‘76… or we’d still be banging the gears 1000 rpm’s higher in her…. BF33AE88-7A9F-4FF1-AB8A-ADF7B1224FB4.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  11. orange52

orange52

My younger self would say "You've had that truck since 1986 and it still isn't running? What the hell man?"

hotrodjack33, lostone and 210superair like this.
  12. topher5150

topher5150

My dad had a 1940 Ford Tudor sedan that he bought in the mid-90s a complete pretty solid running car. He got it stripped down IFS, 302/C4, 8" rear complete original interior etc...Fast forward to the early 00s I'm between high school and college and this car has been sitting idle in the barn for five-plus years. The old man finally got sick of it and decided to sell it. I tried but I wish that I tried a little harder to let him sell it to me, but he thought saving for college was more important. So in other words quit being such a push over and take charge of your life.

41 GMC K-18 and lostone like this.
  13. "36 fuckin' years and it still aint done? WTF!!!"

14. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

You mean you still haven't started?!!

LOST ANGEL and lostone like this.
  15. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Keep the seven you have. Find land in the sticks. Get paint on the Nomad. Buy all the "A" junk you can. Learn welding. Stop rescuing everyone. And oh yeah, any convert is a collector...

41 GMC K-18, hotrodjack33 and lostone like this.
  16. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

20 year old me would say to fourty something me "good job"! Still happily married after 20 years, healthy enough to be alive, you have a couple hot rods and a house ! .... "Damn dude, good job!"

hotrodjack33, 6inarow and lostone like this.
  17. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I shouldn't have snatched the pebble from the blind man's hand and why does he keep calling me Grasshopper?

hotrodjack33, 6inarow and lostone like this.
  18. My younger self would tell my older version, "Why have you not gotten that '29AA on the road after working on it 47 years? Do you think you'll live forever so there's no hurry?"
    My older self would tell the younger version, "Don't sell your '29 coupe so that you can buy the '64 Jag drophead. Don't sell the '64 barracuda - same argument. Buy your neighbor's '57 DeSoto, put the 341 hemi in the coupe and have something fast and cool for the rest of your life."
    Ordinarily I wouldn't take that kinda lip from a young punk, but he's right. And my younger version would, of course, ignore the wisdom of a wise old man, but he'd still be right.

19. Young me would call old me a dumb ass for not acquiring more skills.

20. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Young me would say "that's what I have to look forward to?...you look like shit":eek:.

21. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

The younger me would have said. Wow!This car is a real chick magnet. In reality, the older me now accepts it's an old guy magnet.

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't think of a thing my younger self could say to my older self that would be worth listening to.
    But my older self would have plenty to say to my younger self.

23. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

My younger self would be jealous of my older self's cars. Nowadays I build the type of cars I only wished I could afford to build when I was in high school. So I'm just living the dreams I had back then.

24. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Young me would say, "never thought I'd have a pony tail!" About my shoebox, I all ways told everyone that is a long term project, I was pretty right!

25. RacerJames

RacerJames

You still have hair, own a home, a Falcon AND a Mustang? Niiiice! Your wife's cute too.
    Wait, you replaced the 429 with a 351W in the '64 truck? What for?

26. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Nice car; want a beer?"

27. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

One thing I would tell myself too is, keep the firebirds and the GTO !!

Oh and that factory 4 series posi camaro 12 bolt 67-69 rear end really is going to be worth some money someday along with all 3 pontiac 3 deuce set ups too! By the way don't sell the garage full oc 67-69 firebird parts and lastly Buy that damn 69 trans am that guy offered you !!!

41 GMC K-18 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  28. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The younger me would say "I can't believe I STILL have a ponytail";):D

41 GMC K-18, lostone and Ned Ludd like this.
  29. Roothawg

Roothawg

I had a molestache in 97, but so did everyone else.

41 GMC K-18 and lostone like this.
  30. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

My ponytail has a name. Its name is "I'm a stubborn bastard," because there are like fourteen individual hairs in it.