Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Readily available replacement bulb for a NORMA 522?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bantam, Sep 13, 2021.

1. bantam

bantam

I don't drive at night all that often in my RPU. Last night on my way home I lost the low beam of one of my headlights on my RPU. 3 miles later lost the high beam on the same bulb. Pressed harder on the pedal to make sure I made it home in the event the remaining headlight was going to go out. Made it no problem.

Pulled the headlight assembly apart once I got home. The bulb is a NORMA 522 45/40 Watt bulb. Google tells me this bulb generally is associated with Lucas electric products. I have owned several 1960's MG's and Lucas electric anything gives me the shakes. These particular bulbs came inside some cool looking headlights I got at a swap meet sometime in the past, perhaps a British car swap meet. Can't remember.

Pictures below.
    Bulb 1.jpg Bulb 2.jpg bulb 3.jpg
    I can order the exact NORMA bulb on the internet and it will be here in a week or so. However, prefer to pic something up locally at NAPA, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, etc. Anyone have a p/n to source?

By the way, the Norma's don't throw a helluva lot of light so if there is a better recommendation from a performance perspective, appreciate that too. That said, prefer to stick with incandescent vs halogens.

thanks Bantam

2. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably worth a call to Moss Motors in CA. If anyone would have a better replacement they should know.

https://mossmotors.com.

3. nickleone

nickleone

4. nickleone

nickleone

5. Try this guy; he specializes in Euro-type lighting. Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

You're not going to find this locally, it's long obsolete, was never legal for sale or use in the US (although some made it in in spite of this) and you may have to settle for a halogen replacement.