Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the Board and happy to own my first Old man Truck

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Old Man Truck, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Old Man Truck

Old Man Truck

Hey Guys, my name is Mike and I'm a new owner of a rusty old 55 3100 short box. I have an LS3 5.3 liter, and matching L460E automatic trans with it. Plan on putting a 1971 Camaro sub frame under the truck, and welcome all the comments, advice, pictures and just plain encouragement I can get.
    Thanks in advance, Old Man Truck

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

You are not going to get much LOL. Your planned build components are all off topic on this board except the body. So plan on this getting deleted soon. Good luck.

3. I fear you may have just opened one of these..... can-of-worms.jpg

4. Welcome Mike. First the encourament. I Love your avatar! Your truck is one of my favorite body styles. Now for the advice. Like Don, and Loudbang said, this fourm is for traditional pre 1965 Rod and coustom builds. If you build it with an early per 1965 look, and don't mention or show, the post 65 stuff you may get a pass on here. Hang around, and read what others have done. You may want to change your mind on the way you want to build it. It's your truck to build your way. But this forum is GREAT, and strickly Old school Traditional. We LOVE it like that. I think you will too. Good Luck.:) Thanks Ron........

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Old Man Truck

Old Man Truck

Ron, Thanks for the heads up, rather than the nasty comments. Obviously I was unaware of the Pre 1965 as I've seen many post about the second gen Camaro swaps on this forum. ( That's how I stumbled onto the site) Maybe I can find another forum that has the information that I'm looking for.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  6. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Nasty comments? They were being pretty cordial.

Chicster, loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.