Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Russell Compton

Russell Compton

Alright everyone, I’m new to this type of technology when it comes to cars but, we are working on a 35 Dodge Brothers Coupe and parts are not exactly plentiful for this car. I am doing a frame up on my 40 Ford Coupe Deluxe which has been sitting for 27 years as I’ve been in the army and doing the kids/family thing. I just finished my most recent tour in Germany where I bought a 33 Ply 2door a couple weeks before departing for Germany and left it for my dad to drive. While I’m Germany, I had all the sheet metal delivered for the 35 Dodge that is rusted pretty badly. Now that I am home in Ohio, I will be bouncing between my 40 Ford here and the 35 Dodge in WV. The good thing, I can drive 33 until we get our two cars completed then, I’m taking the 33 down to the frame. All three of these are/will be street rodded. I’m going this week to pick up a 36 Ford Coupe that I’m putting back straight axel with a flathead but, that is after the 33, 35 and 40.
    As mentioned, the 35 is pretty rough. I’m going to be looking for some parts for it. The 40 is a redo. It has no rust and I really don’t need anything for it. The 33 will need a couple things but, it’s in great shape too. I added pics of the 78 square body, I’m also into Jeep’s (neither pre 65), my 40 as I pulled it out of my garage to do the frame up, a pic of the stock frame getting ready to go back under the 40, a pic of the 35 on the day my dad bought it circa 1983, the 36 I’m going this week to pick up and, I threw in a pic taken from my balkon in Germany. Well, that’s a little bit about me and a few of my projects. Now it’s time to get to work ;-)
    I look forward to seeing all your nice cars..

Attached Files:

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. For the Dodge & Plymouth two sources I used for my Plymouth (they both carry parts for all the the old Mopar brands) were www.robertsmotorparts.com and www.kanter.com. Good luck, Jimmie

3. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois and thanks for your service.
    Now, get out to the garage and dig in!

That's a lot of projects. I'd suggest starting with the one you can complete soonest. It will boost your energy to get to the rest.

Welcome,

4. Russell Compton

Russell Compton

5. Russell Compton

Russell Compton

Thank you for the resources and thank you for the welcome

6. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Hello Russell: Welcome to the HAMB. Matt at Iron Trap Garage recently bought a collection of early Ford V8 parts, a lot of 35-36 stuff. Here's a vid you can peruse for when you start on the '36.

7. Russell Compton

Russell Compton

WOW!!! That is a lot of stuff! Thank you.

8. Mr. Chuck

Mr. Chuck

FROM 1 OLD RETIRED VET TO ANOTHER WELCOME AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. I CAN'T HELP WITH THE PARTS YOU NEED, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE RECEIVED SOME GOOD INTEL. ENJOY!

9. Russell Compton

Russell Compton

Thank you and, thank you for your service. Yes indeed, I have some good resources thanks to some fine folks on here. It’s been almost 30 years since I have touched these cars and, a lot has changed. We’ll get there. ;-)