Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Have any of you used a normal schutz gun for Lizard Skin?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tlmartin84, Sep 11, 2021.

1. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

I have this gun I use for bedliner. Will it work for the Lizard Skin or will it be too thick?

Never had any experience with it...

20210910_161228_HDR.jpg

Sporty45 likes this.
  2. Sporty45

Sporty45

I used it with my home made lizard skin. Not sure how it is supposed to look using the lizard skin gun, but this set up worked for me. It kind of spits the stuff out of the gun, but I got the hang of it after a couple trials on a piece of card board. I had the pressure set at 80 lbs

Blues4U likes this.
  3. Special Ed

Special Ed

That looks identical to my Lizard Skin gun. Go for it.

4. Sporty45

Sporty45

The gun they sell now is different than a shutz gun. Did they used to sell the shutz type gun for it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021

5. indyjps

indyjps

Give it a try. I've shot all kinds of stuff thru those guns. Crank the pressure up and they'll blow epoxy primer all the way thru a 6 foot rocker panel.
    Shot a lot of bedliner, in trucks or on bottoms of car, thats pretty thick stuff.

6. brjnelson

brjnelson

I have used a Shotz gun with both of the Lizard skin products, the sound deadener and the insulating. it all went well as expected.

Tman likes this.