Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pigeon forge rod run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sidewayzz69, Sep 11, 2021.

1. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

Any going down to the run?

2. rtp

rtp

Sitting here now.

sidewayzz69 likes this.
  3. unforgiven

unforgiven
    from East Tn

Seems like a lot more cars this year to me. A lot of cool cars out.

sidewayzz69 likes this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looking forward to pics

sidewayzz69 likes this.

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never been but thinking about going next year. Best area to stay? Impossible traffic? Is there a primary "show lot" or are cars just parked up and down the street in various lots? Thanks.

6. Cars stolen every year, traffic is pure hell, but tons of fun lmao :rolleyes:

7. pkhammer

pkhammer

I was going to say just the opposite about the number of cars. In the past the parking lots lining the main drag are FULL but not this year plus it seems like pre-war stuff is way down. I'm seeing mostly 50s and 60s vehicles which is ok but not what I'm used to seeing.
    if you've never been the official "show" takes place at Dollywood's Splash Country. I typically just hang around town however and take in the sights. Usually every hotel/motel parking lot is chock full of every imaginable type of ride; hot rods, street rods, rat rods, cruisers......you name it. Many are also for sale.

sidewayzz69 likes this.
  8. pkhammer

pkhammer

A small sampling of what I saw that was interesting. 20210909_131717[1].jpg 20210909_132316[1].jpg 20210910_091308[1].jpg 20210910_094208[1].jpg

9. Traffic seemed to be moving better this year. Lots of enforcement, tickets for blocking intersections and ped crossings. With cars parked in the business lots all along the Parkway, outside lane was the creep lane. Not nearly as many coal burning, jacked, diesel pickups this year showing their ass on the Parkway.
    Everything in the “big show” at Splash Country, from rats to six figure pro built art works.
    This year’s temps were more tolerable, so walking the asphalt was only a little hellish.
    Swap meet was still down from years past.
    @pwschuh rooms become expensive any car weekend, fwiw.
    Every year I say it’s my last, but here I am. Been coming for decades.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  10. This past weekend was Shades of the Past. It's always way more tame than the actual Rod Run which takes place this weekend. That's when the coal burning diesel boys and squatted trucks come and spoil it for everyone... Good weekend for us East Tennessee locals to find something else to do.

loudbang, Just Gary and sidewayzz69 like this.
  11. jim snow

jim snow

We went to the show this past weekend and had A great time. It was our first time at this show. Would definitely do it again. Snowman

12. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

I will try to post a few pics

loudbang likes this.
  13. unforgiven

unforgiven
    from East Tn

I was really commenting on the show quantity of cars. Out on the strip seemed a little less but I was also only there Friday.

In the nineties it was insane the amount of cars and traffic but it was just 2 lanes each way also then.

loudbang likes this.
  14. 40 years ago there was a yellow 55 Chevy that was always there .
    Had Super Brut painted on the quarter panel,,,,,it was awesome,,,,,great burnout show .

Tommy

loudbang likes this.
  15. TCATTC

TCATTC

I haven't missed the Shades since since I started going in 1988