Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas Anglia Circuit, Snyder Bros. Anglia gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Larry T, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Larry T

Larry T

Hey folks,
    I'm looking for some history on the Texas Anglia Circuit and the Snyder Brothers Anglia.

A lot of people seem to have heard of the Texas Anglia Circuit but no solid information.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Larry T

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

Do you have any more picts of your anglia?

3. rstysht

rstysht
    BANNED

Contact Donnie Seal, In Brownwood,Tx. he will know everything about the circuit,& most likely can tell you about your car,he has more anglia stuff than anybody around,He just went through a divorce,He still has the anglia sedan he ran in the old days.He also has a damn nice thames or tims.Also give Dean Kirsten at anglia obsolete a call because he knows alot of the old texas area anglia gasser guys,he has hunted them down to buy parts & stuff.

4. Larry T

Larry T

These are the only 2 I have on this computer, I'd have to look and see if I can find some more and scan them (hooking up new computer and scanner this weekend, I hope).
    I bought the car from a couple of guys that lived around Mansfield or Kennedale in the 70's. They were also racing a kinda rough Green fliptop Anglia at the time.

I know a friend of Donnie Seal prety well, I'll see if I can get in touch with him.
    Thanks for the help.

Larry T

Attached Files:

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

Larry do you know anything about the car at all? The history searching is the cool stuff.....

6. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

Another guy who can probably answer some of your questions is Gwinn Hartsoe, from the Hartsoe Brothers fame. They ran an Anglia that was very similar. Gwinn can be reached during the weekdays at his shop (Hartsoe's) in Kannapolis, NC. He's also pretty tight with a guy named KS Pittman, another gasser from back in the day.

[​IMG]

7. WCD

WCD

In doing an engine search about Texas drag history, there was discovered an article about El Paso Drag Strip. Therein contained several nice photos of some really radical Anglias who were members of the Pro Anglia circuit. Flip top Anglia shells mounted atop altered/funny car style chassis'. Think of the Prock and Howell F Troop Willys and you get the idea. Too bad the circuit died

8. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I don't know much about the circuit. But I know a guy who ran in the late 50's with an Anglia, and still has the car today. I need to stop by and see him sometime.

9. Larry T

Larry T

Hey folks,
    I found this Dan Bell photo of the Snider & Lancaster car on another site. It sure has the same look to it, but I don't know. I talked to Ricky Snider about his dads car a little. It has a lot of similarities (one wheels wheelie bar, top insert, tach location, steering wheel, rear wheel cut out, metal front end, stock front suspension, etc.), but there are some differences too. I never got him to answer on some stuff that would have definately nailed down if this was the car or not. He kinda lost interest when I told him that I probably wouldn't ever get rid of the car. So you can look at the pictures and make up your own mind if it's the same or not.
    Oh yea, the black car has red paint underneath.
    Larry T

Maybe the pics will load this time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Larry T

Larry T

Been a while since I've posted much here. Here's an update on my Anglia and the Anglia circuit. Information started coming in years ago on the "Lost and Found" on Gasser Madness when Byron was still alive. I posted the car in the found section. A couple of years later, there was a short post that said "That's my old car" and after a few messages back and forth he gave me his phone number and I called him My car was originally campaigned by Richard Lancaster who ran with the Anglia circuit and raced at other events too. I picked up bits and pieces after that and his daughter posted some pictures on a Green Valley site that I saved. Hope she doesn't mind if I post a few of them. Anglia at Green Valley 2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now we're talkin, the old thread actually brought back to life by the original poster with new news rather than someone asking an unrelated question via a google search.

I'd think she would be fine as long as you gave her credit for the photos.

What years did that group run actively? I lived in Texas from 1969 through 1977 and hit Little River quite often but remember going to one well advertised race at Caddo Mills in the summer of 70 and think there were some Anglias there.

I'm thinking that I might have a photo or two from Little River showing one but don't remember a group of them running there.

12. Larry T

Larry T

I think they ran until the early 70s with Gasser type cars and then a few of them transitioned into the flip top center steer cars. Then they started a funnycar circuit and that kind of killed the Anglia deal. But I don't know for sure. Here's what they looked like as gas style cars. My car is the Hammett Lancaster on the end. They painted it black later. I've still got it in pieces. Building an engine for it right now and bought another Lozano Brothers Porting engine just in case.

Lancaster 7.jpg

KiWinUS and loudbang like this.
  13. Larry T

Larry T

A couple more that ran with them and a couple of the center steer cars from later. Mr. Quick.jpg James Brown Anglia.jpg Anglia Golddigger.jpg

Lone Star Mopar and KiWinUS like this.