Register now to get rid of these ads!

Still Shot

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 7, 2021.

1. BLAKE

BLAKE

This changes everything. I'm hoping your incredible content gets me off my duff to create, also.

Great stuff, my friend!

Stogy and alanp561 like this.
  2. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Wow, a Leica… what a camera. Our local photographic shop expert told me that with the right adapter, any lens can be adapted to the similar mounts (bayonet) as on those cameras. But, they mentioned that some mfg. have propriety parts that must be similar. There are usually third party companies that make those transitions parts.

My granddaughter has access to a digital Nikon camera. But for the life of me being old school, she uses her Iphone programs and the Apple photo products to create live action movies and animation films. With a 5 inch screen no less. I have been trying to get them to get an adapter from Canon to Nikon so they could use my fast 300mm autofocus telephoto lens. But, for them, it is a fast point and shoot digital camera that takes care of business.

Recently, our granddaughter had a photography class and used a 35mm film camera, learned the basics and is now a person that is amazed at the film procedures and outcome photos. So, in our continued goodwill/support for our granddaughter in her endeavors, we gave her a brand new, never been used Canon AE-2 camera, lenses, film, plus a ton of extras and a giant 300 mm fast telephoto lens for far away places.
    upload_2021-9-19_3-53-35.png
    Knowing that she likes to be outdoors like in the Joshua Tree area, part of the photo package was a comfortable Tenba Backpack that holds a ton of photo equipment. So, now, she is equipped to do some 35mm film shooting and developing. There are still photo stores that stock all kinds of 35mm color slide film near us, all sorts of B/W films from slow to fast, so she will not be left hanging for the foreseeable future. The Iphone pales in comparison.

Jnaki

So, whatever goes around comes around and this time just in time for a creative teenager doing what she does best. But, the latest film was made purely from her Iphone 11 and it looks professionally done. So, the new generation has its own ways to utilize any and all photo equipment for their needs.

Good luck on your new Leica adventures. Leica was once our camera of choice, but it was like buying a 250 GT Ferrari for us. We were happy with our photographic endeavors and still are plugging along. The old Pentax 35mm film camera still sits in the drawer waiting its turn for some reclaimed glory.

The closest to something Leica brand is our small digital camera that is a Lumix, which is the Leica in a different name. (Corporate partners) All else being the exact same specs. But, as we all know, something that I learned from those 20 something days: “It is the carpenter, not the tool.” YRMV

charleyw, Stogy and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ya gotta get down where the bugs are crawling...:D

2935ford and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's nice that you can repurpose the vintage lenses to digital so your not at a total loss of the huge expense already put out...

IF you can get away from the chemicals that's a bonus too...

To me no matter the format the surprise or wow factor still is there...

By the way Ryan its near that time of year when the most beautiful colors splash the northern regions with nature's best and toss a Hotrod or Custom into it all and we'll be waiting...;)

Understanding depth of field and all the other intricacies of Photography doesn't hurt either...it certainly shows in your work...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  5. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

paul simon kodacrome playing in the background.....

Stogy likes this.