Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods American coil over shocks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 325w, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Have a set of American coil overs/Alden. They seem to be soft now. Built the car in 1993.
    20 plus thousand miles. They probably need to be replaced? No leaks.

2. sdluck

sdluck

They can be rebuilt

loudbang likes this.
  3. If you do buy another set, pay the extra $20 each for the adjustable versions. If they begin to get soft-ish, you can tweak them firmer as needed.

loudbang likes this.
  4. After 25 years I replaced my coil overs with QA-1, they have adjustable springs and valves that adjust from super soft to super hard, these were not around when I built the sedan but they work great and extremely easy to slip under the car and turn the valves s get instant results. HRP

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    loudbang likes this.

5. justpassinthru

justpassinthru

Aldan will rebuild them. The price is very reasonable. I had a pair rebuilt last year. Quick turnaround time. Visit their website.
    Bill

loudbang likes this.
  6. big john d

big john d
    from ma

just had my aldan eagles rebuilt last month they were turned around in one day if you are the original buyer they will rebuild them for free with proof of purchase they are a very good company to do business with mine were 23 years old and working well until one developed a slight leak i asked what leaked and was told they disasssemble the shock and just put all new internals in

7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I have QA1’s on my 40, love em. But if they need rebuilt you send them to individuals around the country, not to QA1 and pay for it. If you have Ride Tech, no charge.