Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 230 Dodge cracked engine

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by librado65, Aug 20, 2021.

1. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

have experience with the longer engine..you will have to notch the front crossmember , the damper will definitely make contact....ok..so heres the deal....chill out and keep looking for the correct 23 inch motor...they are out there...probably one in your area...if you have fabrication skills , then use either one...or..keep it simple...

2. The site I go to on Thursdays did have a complete engine in the 1950 as previously replied. Would need a rebuild though.

Deuces likes this.
  3. birdman1

birdman1

They were used in Massey and Oliver combines too.

4. goldmountain

goldmountain

The only important information I can add is to unbolt the flywheel from the engine before trying to pull out the old engine. It won't clear the bellhousing.

5. KenC

KenC

And lots of industrial equipment, forklifts, air compressors etc.

6. librado65

librado65

Plans have been delayed a little bit. My first cousin and his family got sick and then unfortunately caught covid and he has been in the hospital and finally passed away from covid this weekend. He helped me out with the car when it was first delivered and put on the fender skirts on for me because he said it looked better with them on.

Anyways....

Is there anyone near or around Trinity, Alabama, USA. The gentleman with the engine only wants a $400 check or money order as payment. I tried to discuss transferring money through PayPal but he said he is not familiar with it. I do not have the time to travel currently. I obviously do not know the guy since he is from the internet and I do not feel safe sending a check to someone online without seeing the engine or the possibility of being scammed.

I would like to see if someone on here possibly can go check if the engine is real, for me, please

7. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@anthony myrick
    He's from "somewhere in Ala" and posted earlier in this thread. If he isn't close to Trinity maybe he knows someone who is?
    I'm in Minnesota so not much help there, but it's a thread bump for you.
    Sorry for the loss of your cousin.

librado65 likes this.
  8. My friend had a 1947 Plymouth and put a 1957 Plymouth engine in it was a direct fit , no problems.

librado65 likes this.
  9. librado65

librado65

Thanks.

10. HXFOUR

HXFOUR

Im about to remove a 23" 230 flathead 6 engine from my car, it needs to be rebuilt as something had happened to an exhaust valve (Stuck valve, rings, not sure) but the block is rebuildable. Also have a Offy intake, dual carb setup, dual exhaust manifold. Its in Toronto, Canada but if theres a way to get it to you, we can chat.

11. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Good luck getting there. I'm sure it can be found. I'm also sure that if I owned that car I'd want to be driving it
    All day long.
    ( covid has cost us way too much )