Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What are you Cali guys going to do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exterminator, Sep 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exterminator

exterminator

Just read a few minutes ago that our state government just approved the miles you drive tax which they have been talking about doing for at least a year! My forty ford pickup's speedo doesn't have a speedometer cable and don't know where to get one made. Any ideas? Exterminator

2. Budget36

Budget36

Easy to do when you get driven around in a state owned car. Lol.

3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't know anything about the tax per miles but if you want a speedo cable tyr Rusty at Speedometer Service in Colorado Springs.
    https://www.speedoservice.com/

stillrunners likes this.
  4. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Yeah contact Rusty.....

or you can run a cable into the back of it and run it up with a drill.

exterminator likes this.

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't want to go down the political rabbit hole but his is from a TV news feed in San Diego.

"Now the California legislature is looking at a voluntary program that would eliminate the state's gas tax, which currently stands at 52.9-cents per gallon - second highest in the nation, behind New York. And instead institute a Vehicle-Miles-Travel tax - or VMT. The idea is just that - tax people for every mile they drive."

6. What are they going to do with out of state tourists? Because you know Cali wants money from them as well.

stillrunners likes this.
  7. bchctybob

bchctybob

Gee, I kinda like our current gas tax, all of our roads and highways are so well built and well maintained…….. I’ve heard of that being proposed before but it never seems to go anywhere. Let’s hope it fades away again. I’ve been tinkering with the speedo on my coupe but I haven’t gotten it to work yet.

Budget36 likes this.
  8. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

I doubt that will float. In California, that's a tax on the poorer people, who can't often live where they work.

56MercMan likes this.
  9. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

And I'm sure that they will rescind the current gas tax.....right? If you see me at a party I'll be the guy in
    the corner that is blue, holding my breath waiting for it to happen.....

28rpu likes this.
  10. I don't really see the difference. They either tax you by the gallons you use or the miles you drive.
    After typing this out, I realized the advantage would go to cars that get better mileage.

Maybe they are being proactive so they can tax all the electric cars they want on the highway.

Bob Lowry and chevyfordman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.