Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 63 T bird mild custom.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by perry1mj, Aug 11, 2017.

1. perry1mj

perry1mj

In the hopes of getting this pile on the road in spring 2018 I've decided to start a thread to be guilted into progress. I traded a Gibson guitar for this in Dec 2012 and I've done embarassingly little. due to the fact I've got too many projects, I'm handing this off to a friend who offered to get it where I want it and take a mustang in trade. i've already purchased chrome wheels with bullet camps, narrow white walls, a lowering kit, and fender skirts. it'll need new front floors and a good set of gaskets but it runs good, and appears to be stock. The red is a very dull repaint that I plain to keep, and the roof is the original while, which I'm hoping will polish up. Ideally it'll have scallups some day. hope to get more photos and then start documenting the process this fall.

Capture 2.PNG Capture 1.PNG

2. RMONTY

RMONTY

That will be one sweet boat one of these days...love this style of Thunderchickens!

Deuces likes this.
  3. BJR

BJR

You should try to buff up that red paint, bet it will surprise you.

Deuces and Clay Belt like this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

have fun - don't forget to go through brakes & add some horsepower to motor- those are heavy rides

Deuces and Clay Belt like this.

5. perry1mj

perry1mj

Thanks all, I'm going with Cragar Vegas wheels with bullet caps & narrow white walls. I was just thinking I could probably afford tri power, then realized years ago when I was parts collecting I ponyed up for an original air cleaner, in the interested of saving time and money, I'll stick with what I've already collected

6. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

Any chance you have a spare set of hood hinges there perry1mj?

7. I need a set of taillight lenses for my radical custom 63 "TheBird".

8. perry1mj

perry1mj

Sorry, I don't have an extra set,

9. perry1mj

perry1mj

1st work I've done in years but I was able to finally get my welder to cooperate and filled the front emblem holes and took a shot at lengthening the fender skirts may take some shaping to get the wheels & tires to fit. IMG_20190705_165001892.jpeg IMG_20190704_104741033.jpeg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Surfcityrocker and Jalopy Joker like this.
  10. BJR

BJR

Good to see you are back at it.

11. Looks like you need a little more guilting to get this thing on the road! Get at it ya slacker! :p

12. BJR

BJR

2 year old thread.

Deuces likes this.
  13. I realize that.... I also know he recently started working on the car again and was trying to build on whatever inspired him to get back to it to begin with.

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

I love the thunderchickens...