Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What to do getting a custom walker radiator?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, Sep 1, 2021.

1. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

So last week I found out walker radiator closed shop and Johnson hotrod shop has acquired the walker name and are not taking orders. I am in the midst of gathering parts for my pops and I’s father/son 26 T roadster build. We are both firm believers that a T needs to run a T radiator shell. We have a kick ass 276 flathead we will use so we need to source a 26/7 T radiator with flathead inlet/outlet configuration. Pops and I have always used walker radiators with very good luck and I will pay the extra money to have a quality product. In no way shape or form will we use an aluminum radiator so what to do to getting a quality copper/ brass radiator?

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  2. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Check with Brassworks, they build nice radiators. They did one for my coupe last winter, it was in the same price range as a Walker.

3. Check with Brice Thomas / US Radiator in Gadsen, Alabama. They do both-aluminum and traditional.

anthony myrick likes this.
  4. X2 on Brice Thomas.
    They did a great job with mine

RAK and 41 GMC K-18 like this.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Walker family would not and did not release the name when they sold the equipment and supplies to Johnson.
    Their note on their website pretty well explains it. JHRS | News (johnsonshotrodshop.com)
    It takes time to get things moved and get set up and get workers trained if you can't convince enough of Walkers former employees to move.

Brice Thomas makes a good radiator but they also own US radiators. If it uses a radiator they can make a radiator for it no matter what size it is.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  6. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

I just put a Custom Auto Radiator (www.customautoradiator.com) in my 40 ford. Very well made product and nice people to work with. I had looked at Brassworks but the lead time was two months for one.

CycleTech likes this.
  7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another vote for Brassworks. Give Lee a call. You won't be disappointed. JMO

8. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Brass Works is an old company keep them alive to get older...................

51504bat likes this.
  9. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

CARS has built custom radiators for me for the past 30 years, or more. Great work!

mcsfabrication likes this.
  10. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Another vote for Brassworks. Lee is the best. I was a Walker distributor but still bought 3 German Silver deuce radiators for special projects I was building. They fit like a glove and cooled great.

11. This is a longshot but Speedway bought out all of Walker's remaining inventory. You might check with them on the off chance that they may have what you are looking for. Might be worth a phone call?

alphabet soup and 5window like this.