Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone know this Deuce Coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CAHotRodBoy, Sep 1, 2021.

1. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

This was posted on an OT forum. Poster passed on buying (was trying to trade an OT car for it). Poster claims it is a steel car but to my eye it looks like glass (look at where firewall meets body, no cowl vent, no door hinges, flush windshield, etc). Seller is asking $28K for it. I don't like the wheel and tire combo with ugly ass red calipers but a set of steelies would hide that. If it is steel, I would be interested but like I said, I think it is glass. What do you guys think? Does anyone know this car? I don't know where it is located. I asked the poster for the seller's contact info but haven't heard back yet.

20210824_185247_9b87e77512265b141dda1d5c064ee4e20ff72254.jpg 20210824_185257_112925a16a3fffe597b6945704037a0ae1c6f73f.jpg 20210824_185308_53bd4e5b8131b8d4a34c4a685d2dd9726f3e5f90.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  2. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

100% glass car look at the edge where it meets the firewall you can see the strands of glass

stillrunners and WiredSpider like this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

Isn’t worth anywhere near 28K for a poor glass body, stupid disk brakes, and ridiculous Model A wire wheels.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm seeing a glass cowl unless my eyes are a lot worse than I though. For me there are several red flags that stick out a bit too much. Those include the red calipers, the front edge of the cowl and the steering shaft. Someone worked awful hard to make that car look like it was drug out of the weeds and had a fresh engine stuck in it. I'd imagine that he has great pride in that fake patina aka cancer job.
    It looks like someone took an original frame and firewall and stuck a glass 3 window on it.

I'd say that it is worth what you can build it to that point minus the things you don't like.

Glass 32 (2).jpg

CrazyDaddy and wheeldog57 like this.

5. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

6. You can see the mold lines below the trailer light, tail lights. Looks like a high quality, TV show hot rod build. Something done in about an hour, minus commercials.

7. Country Classics strikes again. The man has never met a lie he didn't fully embrace....

Roadsir, WiredSpider and B Bay Barn like this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like someone actually bought it for 23,750. Game over.

9. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

Okay, you guys conformed what I thought, glass car with some ugly ass parts! :eek::D

If it was a steel car I would have been a player on it knowing I could have changed a bunch of stuff and end up with a pretty nice car. When I saw the firewall and cowl I was pretty sure it was glass. I think $24K is about the right price for it.

Thanks for all the replies.

10. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oooohh . Shiver . A great reflection out the builders bad taste. Red calipers to make them blend in . I imagine it may yard run and drive, but if I were driving it I would have a bag over my head.

11. Fogger

Fogger

A steel Ford 3W would be at least double and possibly triple what he was asking. Even a Brookville could be double the $28k.

stanlow69 and chevyfordman like this.
  12. Not even close to good glass let alone bad metal!
    That flatty must be real good pushing through a C6:confused:

mgtstumpy and blowby like this.
  13. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Hose clamp police!

Screenshot 2021-09-01 8.37.05 PM.png

Chucky, kidcampbell71 and SEAAIRE354 like this.
  14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is one of those the more you look the more you find wrong rigs. Makes you wonder if it wasn't an old and somewhat neglected hot rod chassis that some street rodder bought the car for the body and then sold the rolling chassis to who ever stuck the glass body on it.

15. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

That's what I posted on the other forum. The OP thought it was steel and was worth $18k to $20K. I said that was steel Model A pricing.

16. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

There are some weird things on the car. The brake setup is just plain ugly and why would you use red calipers and attract attention to them? I don't care for the style of hairpins used either. I'm sure I'd find a ton of other stuff to change as well. All of it could be easily done though. Hopefully the buyer will go through it and sort it out. I don't think the selling price is out of line and the buyer could have a decent car without spending too much money.

pprather likes this.
  17. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Personally I would rather spend 28K price reduction to 23K on something I was going to throw so much bad away. oops update now it say sold to a sucker . More likely just pulled the advert.

18. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

$28K?. People in Hell want ice water, too. I would pass.

19. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

There’s many other quality glass bodies that actually look like a 32 Ford 3W. You cited several key giveaways on the body, but in the 80’s much of the way that this body was made would’ve fit right in.
    The Glue In Windshield, The shape of the door window openings, I didn’t see inside but I’d guess that the window garnish moldings don’t even resemble originals. Much of that body can be turned into a. Passable looking 32 3W body. There are replacement steel firewalls, one can buy external hinges and a good body man with loads of time on his hands could put that body in shape with the correct windshield and window garnish moldings and a steel cowl vent. Then the person would have a nice body. .
    Ya gotta 34 3W to take a trip in. Let this one pass. ;).

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  20. spanners

spanners

It doesn't even have outside door handles.

21. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

Hey Kevin.

Yes, I prefer the shape of a '33/'34 over a Deuce three window. The only reason I posted this one was the OP in the other site insisted it was a steel car and I was quite certain it was glass. I'd give up my '34 in favor of a steel '32 so wanted to make sure I was right on this one being glass. I think a running steel '32 three window would easily be worth more than the asking price. Glass though? Not so much! :eek::D

22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Hey There,
    I don’t know too much about the listing dealership, but I did look the ad over. I have seen their ads in the past. I think that the price as others stated above provides a pretty good idea of the material that the body is. I know local manufacturers around So-Cal that makes a nice useable glass body that looks the part correctly.
    The subject matter requires a few tweaks.
    I’d really like to see you fulfill your dream of taking that ride in the 34. . Can’t wait to see pix when you do.