Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Yeah, another what's it worth thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borderboy1971, Aug 30, 2021.

1. I stumbled upon this in a local salvage yard today. It is very very rough. Thoughts of its value? 20210830_110026.jpg 20210830_110021.jpg 20210830_110012.jpg 20210830_113016.jpg

2. Squablow

Squablow

Looks very rough, but the grille is mostly intact AND it's a 2 door, so those are both big enough pluses to make it worth the challenge.

Personally, if I wanted to build a drag car out of one of those, I'd consider that car, but I'd probably have to get it for $1200 US or less, preferably less. And I'm generally an optimist. I'm sure the HAMB lowballer crew will be here any minute to tell you it's only worth a few bucks over scrap price, how it's not worth fixing and how they bought a mint one for $300 in 1992 as if that's helpful.

That's just my personal guess though, I'm not all that up on the market for these cars.

vtx1800, blowby, K13 and 3 others like this.
  3. evintho

evintho

I think I'd be comfortable with $800 US. There's a lot of work there.

Deuces likes this.
  4. The one we drug out of the woods was in far better shape,but that was 10 years ago , we bought it for 500 bucks. HRP

Deuces likes this.

5. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Needs to be saved

mcsfabrication and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. It’s rough , missing parts snd no ownership
    The no ownership is a big hurdle now at the ministry.

I think 1500 MAX

more like 5-900

egads likes this.
  7. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Do race cars need titles? Great gasser potential

catdad49, Deuces and Wanderlust like this.
  8. Yeah, it's definitely REALLY rough. As far as an ownership goes, that's easy here where I live. I just take a bill of sale in and register it. (We don't use titles here, but it'd be a legal ownership document). It was interesting that the garnish mouldings and the entire dashboard is bakelite type material. And fwiw, I won't be able to build it, I have enough. I just thought I might be able to flip it to someone that can use it.

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I wouldn't give over about $750 for it, and only then if I already had a source for parts I needed to build it. I bought my old Austin in 2010 100% complete, straight, and rust free for $1900, and it was way more car to start with.

[​IMG]

Deuces likes this.
  10. chopped

chopped

$750.00 tops, one heck of a lot of parts and labor ahead.

11. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

It certainly has the much desired "patina"...

12. ahshoe

ahshoe

There is a reason it has been sitting soooo long. Just take a picture of it, have it framed and enjoy it that way.....Much, more affordable.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  13. Not a dime under 3500.00 They ain't makin' 'em any more. It's steel and it's real....

stanlow69 likes this.
  14. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Sorry to be wet bloanket, nothing over $250.00 Its beat up no title and no extra parts,,, it only a race car.. That needs $10,000.00 to make it fun,,,,,,

15. whens the last time you went and tried to get an “ Ownership title” for a vehicle that’s never had one or is lost ?

I haven’t myself , but know guys who have tried snd the laws have changed significantly in the last couple of years or so.

at least in Ontario. Not sure where your from “ mystery man” lol !!

16. The acquisition cost will be the cheapest part of a future build for this discarded hulk.
    Whether it cost $250 or $2500, in the big picture that cost will be forgotten by the time this hits the pavement.
    It could be the right project for a skilled, motivated builder who is passionate about it..is that you?

egads and Hnstray like this.
  17. Yep it's worth the money the average of most of the posts say - just under a grand or just a little more than that if you have the cash.

18. I'm in Saskatchewan. I think we are very fortunate to not have alot of shady things going on with registrations. Here, I can go in with a bill of sale for an antique vehicle (1987 or older), and get a registration, insurance and plates as an antique and drive away. (There are some exceptions if the vehicle has been previously registered and in an accident). But it's very simple. A car like this has been drug out of a slough and intended for scrap. As I said, I have no intentions for myself as it's just too rough and I've got enough rough projects to do. I spoke to a very good friend that's a metal man and it sounds like he wants it, so I'll likely buy it for him. For anyone curious, it's $500 Canadian.

egads and VANDENPLAS like this.
  19. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Sibley'd have that in primer tomorrow. Great racer potential.

20. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I don't see it as all that rough. Once you jack that roof back into place, you're dealing with dented up fenders and basic old car bodywork no worse than half the project builds on the HAMB. Probably better off looking for another RR fender, or take the easy way out and order a set of glass fenders and deck lid, though an all tin door slammer would be kick ass.
    2 door is a huge plus. Needs to be saved!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

Don't toss the pea-pecker drivetrain straight to the scrap pile. There are actually a few people out there that look for that stuff :) They are a little thin on the ground in most places. Mike

stillrunners likes this.
  22. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I'll bite, I paid $300 for this in 1977. This shot was taken after I worked it over and sold it. 2013-04-05 192634.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. evintho

evintho

$395 U.S..................Sold!

mcsfabrication likes this.
  24. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Decent SAVABLE fenders are valuable, doors as well. With it having bakolite innards makes it an actual Anglia. Well worth the asking price. I'd certainly be in at that money. I bought a couple over in Britain around the turn of the century, I paid more. They are a lot of fun,
    IMG_1376.JPG

stillrunners likes this.