Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features See Squeak's Sedan

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Aug 27, 2021.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

See Squeak's Sedan

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is an excellent article @J.Ukrop
    A few years back, while at the CHRR at FAMOSO, there in Bakersfield, at Squeak Bells very cool shop, he hosted the annual " Piss Up " at his place on the Friday night before the beginning of the annual show. Its a very cool gathering indeed. As we were all enjoying the get together, we heard a rumbling coming down the alley and it was "Orange Crate " with the headers uncorked, and it was amazing to see and hear !

So Squeak wasn't going to be upstaged, so to speak at his own place, so he hopped in his 40 ford and backed it out of the side shed, and then hopped in his 32 Ford, cranked it up and drove it out, and expertly did a mini burn out and put it right up next to Orange Crate and the crowd roared with applause !

It was so cool to see Squeak's rig right next to Orange Crate that evening, so indeed it was great to see two great hot rods together, as the gathering was enjoyed by all!

Kudos to you with an eagle eye, to spot that ad on CL, I hope it goes to a good home. Not to hi jack your thread, but here are some pictures of that evening at Squeaks.

The rubber you see laid down by Squeaks burn out, as he came out of the side shed, was most impressive!

Thanks for posting from Dennis.

DSC_3453 (3).JPG Pete and Squeek.JPG
    DSC_3457 (3).JPG DSC_3461 (4).JPG DSC_3503 (2).JPG DSC_3506 (2).JPG DSC_3515 (3).JPG DSC_3511 (2).JPG DSC_3512 (2).JPG DSC_3525 (3).JPG

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  3. Jack Rice

Jack Rice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool old drag sedan, thanks Joey. And both it and the Orange Crate together? Wow, just Wow!

4. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice work Joey!

Stogy and 41 GMC K-18 like this.

5. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for sharing this awesome story. Love the tu-door sedans, my first hor rod on my avatar set my tone for these. Both of these cars have been super favorites, so cool to see them together. Way cool event!

6. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Here are some pictures sent by the owner. The one with the three guys are two previous owners and the original builders son, if I remember right and the last one is at Famoso.
    004 - Copy (4).JPG IMG_7881.JPG 024.JPG db_0121.jpg

7. I've had the pleasure of driving this old survivor. It's very hard to see out of sitting so far back. Squeak is a good friend of mine. Very cool old car!

8. Rckt98

Rckt98

Squeaks place is a must visit for any Kiwi's touring the States. I have been.

9. Cooon

Cooon

Was over there in 2014 when I bought my ranch wagon, met Squeak at the Bakersfield drags where the kiwi car the Vindicator was racing. He said we should swing by his place the next day which we did, very cool experience indeed.

10. gonzo

gonzo

Always loved that car. Hope it finds a good home.

41 GMC K-18 and Stogy like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love it...Cool Thread, Cool Hotrod and Squeaks quite a Hotrodder...

Thanks to all the others contributing the neat stories and pics as well...

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  12. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

OMG....That story, this thread, all of these pictures....THIS is what keeps me going. Thanks H.A.M.B. *dopamine flowing*

Pista_510, gonzo, Just Gary and 3 others like this.
  13. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That thing is so wicked! And seeing it parked by the Orange Crate! I thought Squeak was getting ready to do a refresh on it. Hope it ends up in the right hands!

41 GMC K-18 and Stogy like this.
  14. Metal Mover

Metal Mover
    from Jamul CA

Joey, great writing when you post your contributions. Don't know the publication but, ask my daughter-in-law to translate the caption;
    "V8 engine in body of Chevrolet 1934 model".

15. Squeak Bell

Squeak Bell

Thanks for all the favorable comments,it is appreciated. Just so we all know,the first reason I am letting the Sedan loose is that after 20 years of campaigning this old warrior is that I have gone about as far as I can with it performance wise without compromising the car in any way. I did indeed do a 'refresh' on the car a couple of years ago in the name of safety,reliabilty and performance. I moved the axle out in front of the spring and made the front end 'work'....replaced the '39 trans (broken many times....sorry..!!) and '32 rearend (broken many times.....sorry again..!!) with a 'late model' 3 speed toploader trans and '57 Ford rearend with 12" Buick brakes. The car is fun and easy to drive...I just want to see it go to the 'right guy' or Club/syndicate that can enjoy the car. I would love to see it 'tidied up' and going down a track anywhere. The reason I haven't 'Ebayed' this car is because I do NOT want it falling in to the 'wrong' hands. The second reason I've made the car available is that I'm building a '32 5-W that will go faster,that's all folks. Cheers.....Squeak.

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Those night/party/crate shots are fantastic

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  17. gonzo

gonzo

Such an awesome car and I'm sure 20 years ago you saved it from a terrible fate. Thanks for handling the care and feeding of a killer old hot rod!

curbspeed and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  18. 41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1990.JPG This one?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  20. Yes, that one. We road out to the drive-in in it. Windy sumbitch!

41 GMC K-18 and Atwater Mike like this.
  21. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Man, that's a TUB! Love the fog lamps turned around, 'streamlined Dagmars'! So coool.....Yeah, wear a hat.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  22. Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider
    from Australia

Great to hear all going well over there Squeak, and getting faster as you get older.
    Hope to be allowed back soon, and will catch up mate.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  23. ratrodrodder

ratrodrodder
    from Boston

Nice to know I'm not the only Craigslist scrounger... nice find! And glad to know that Squeek wants it to go to a good home. Hope it finds another loving home soon!

And it's been a while since I've seen my avatar in a recent photo, nice to know it's still around :)

41 GMC K-18 likes this.