Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical THE ONE PIECE THAT ELUDES YOU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 25, 2021.

1. A Paxton Mculloch super charger gauge.
    Dreams are free.

2. patterg2003

patterg2003

A 40 Ford convertible rear window. Everyone was selling them then Lebaron Bonney closed and they instantly disappeared. Don't know if that was the source or coincidence. When I get going I am not doing a concours restoration so may settle for something close.
    I was lucky and probably found the last top clamps after months of internet searches. Grump's Garage had a set and was an absolute gentleman to work to get me the best deal on sending them to Canada. Grump knew they probably were the last 40 top clamps available and could have got more but he had them priced at the std rate.

chryslerfan55 and Beanscoot like this.
  3. How about a lid for a mullins trailer- I think they made them around 1936.

4. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Well, with the generous help I got from hotrodjack33, Budget36 and BIG Mike 1968, I now have the goodies I've been looking for! These guys are first rate HAMB'rs that went out of their way to help me....Thanks!
    Thank you HOTRODPRIMER for all you do here, as well. Hat tip to them and all you guys that help out here.
    I really appreciate it and can't thank you all enough thumbsup2.gif

chryslerfan55 and Budget36 like this.
  5. -Brent-

-Brent-

I'll just throw it out there again that I want a trap door oil pan for my 327. I've had some swings and misses recently.

6. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sold one for a friend last year--was the complete cluster with all gauges for a Studebaker Hawk I think-sold the Supercharger too.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

I looked for a pair of running boards for a 1934 Buick model 40 for more than 20 years before I found them in Hemmings.

8. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I'm looking for the elusive Time and Money I can't seem to find, oh and Space too....

Devin

9. 1A) Dual cap RotoFaze for 348/409 (I don't even know if such a thing was made)
    1B) Hilborn injection for Ardun

10. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I had the opposite, hanging in my garage was one of the grab handles from a 58 Chevy 4 door. I am not sure what you call them but they have a metal part with a cloth loop attached that you can grab to aid you getting out of the back seat of a 58 Chevy 4 door. They mount on the inside of the "B" pillar. A friend of my brothers is over at the house and see it hanging in the garage and asks me what it goes to. I told him that it came off of that 58 that we strip out. He looks at it real close, but does not say anything. The next day he is over at the house and again he is looking at the grab handle only this time he brought one with him. He pulls mine off the the wall and compares the two. He looks at me and said, "look I just cashed my paycheck and I want to buy this from you". I said, "give me a hand tonight and it is yours". He goes on and on about how long he has been looking for one and how he will thank God. Well the next day, I start wondering, (1) How much was in his paycheck and (2) are both sides the same as far as the grab handles goes.

chryslerfan55 and Budget36 like this.
  11. Budget36

Budget36

Save that box!

12. theman440

theman440
    from Las Vegas

1966 B-Body Mopar rear convertible door panels. I've been looking for a set since 2009, nobody reproduces them. Every time I come across a used set worth buying they are on the east coast. They are very large so shipping would be astronomical and these a good chance UPS would damage them. Just not worth the risk.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. 56MercMan

56MercMan

IT may be dumb but my 56 Merc has a stainless trim right around the rear window frame where it drops into the door. I removed them when dismantling the vehicle and could never find them. Never found them on junkyard cars or ebay. After my crash the door I bought had one and the guy was nice enough to throw in the one for the other door. I was super happy. He shipped the door and the trim to the bodyshop. Well they lost the 2nd one. So I had 1 of the missing ones. I literally just found a set in the bay area and got them. It was one of the hardest parts for me to find and it is such a dumb small part.

14. speedshifter

speedshifter

15. speedshifter

speedshifter

Incidently the steer whl collection had belonged to a collector from the Omaha area & was brought in for the auction. Greg

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

think you can't find parts now? wait till ebay sends out 1099's after $600.00 in sales. no more small car part sellers.

17. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

late 30's Mopar grille trim. I had a 37 Plymouth grille w/no trim and yesterday I picked up a 38 Plymouth grille needing the center trim and surrounding trim also headlight buckets for same. Gonna be a wall hanger front end with working lights if I can find the parts....

18. You wouldn’t kidding about these set ups
    62087FF0-CE88-4DCA-8C65-9DAC7F9DAE7C.jpeg

ouch!!

19. yeah they are not cheap, but they are not the worst Chevy dual quad set up. A cross ram setup for a 69 Z/28 is bringing near $10k+ right now if its all correct. Just bonkers pricing on older speed stuff.

20. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

21. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad I bought my core WCFBs a few years back. Bought 5 to make 3x good ones.

22. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

An original set of the none cross bar( bead lock /check ball ) roller lifters with the short /light aluminum bodies. And another L 155 Engle roller all for a sbc. The lifters more so than the cam.

GlassThamesDoug likes this.
  23. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

Late to this...A 14-15 inch flat metalflake steering wheel, gold, silver or purple, but I would take any color.
    upload_2021-9-24_19-41-44.jpeg

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and bowie like this.
  24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I long ago gave up looking for a 1960 Frontenac grille for my 1960 Falcon.

One showed up on eBay.

The wife said "isn't that what you we're looking for?"

I replied yes and she said "well you better hurry up and buy it before someone else does. So I did.

Thor1 likes this.
  25. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Just curious, why you would be looking for Frontenac parts for a Falcon in the US.

26. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe swap meets will be the way to find parts again and the sellers won’t be able to say “they go for $$$ on Ebay”

56don and chopnchaneled like this.
  27. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You got THAT RIGHT!!! Ebay has been pretty good to me for 20+ years...sure they kept changing things and making worse...but all those things were tolerable. This new $600 1099K thing is the final straw...I'm done with Ebay now:mad:. I expect it to be a ghost town soon (unless you are looking for Chinese junk).:eek:

chryslerfan55 and 49ratfink like this.
  28. Because he thinks they look neat? eBay is a multi-national website; stuff in Canada shows up in the search results for US users. A few Frontenacs have also escaped across the border over the last 60 years.

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have you compared a Frontenac grille to a Falcon grille? Which one looks better to you?

I imported it from Canada. There are no Frontenac parts to be found in the US, much less any actual Frontenacs. Hell, Frontenac parts are slim-to-none, even in Canada.

Exactly, because I think they look neat.

My '60 Falcon now has '63 Falcon tail lights, with backup lights, and a Frontenac grille, because that is how I want my car to look.

30. 1940Willys

1940Willys

1937 willy split 4 mounting hole. very frail always broken hood ornament.jpg

chryslerfan55 and rod1 like this.