Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Best 1935 ford shop manual/resto manual

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coupeman, Aug 26, 2021.

1. coupeman

coupeman
    from Australia

Hi Guys just wondering what the best manual is when restoring a 35 ford? Total novice with these but have built a bunch of 50s cars over the years. Thanks!

2. Early Ford V8 club books. They have them year by year.
    As far as mechanical shop manuals, there are several multi year shop/maintenance books you could chase on auction sites or in re print via resto supplies shops, but I can't point to which one is best. Get a selection, no one is a perfect one size fits all.

coupeman likes this.
  3. BTW, the event director of the NSW Early Ford V8 Club is a 35 nut. They have a website.

coupeman likes this.
  4. Dorrssacadilac

Dorrssacadilac

They have a website.

5. I agree with X38. See https://shop.efv8.org/collections/ford-books/products/1935-1936-ford-book-softbound
    Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 7.45.06 AM.png
    Also be sure to become familiar with fordbarn.com (for direct access to their forum use https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    coupeman and X38 like this.
  6. coupeman

coupeman
    from Australia

Thats great info. Thanks everyone

7. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I also recommend the V-8 Club Book. Also, the V-8 Club puts out a monthly magazine called the V-8 Times. Since the July/August 2012 issue there have been 27 separate articles on the '35/'36 Ford written by '35 expert Bob Wilson. Every issue has another article. They cover an array of items from Tandem Windshield Wipers to the Governor. I don't know how easy it would be to get all the articles, but they are a wealth of information on the 1935 Ford.

8. I don't mean to jack this thread...I checked the Ford Club website, and they also have a similar book for the 38-39 Ford (which I may be interested in). Does anyone know if these books address items such as convertible frame and top fabric install, adjustments etc.? I've sent an email to the Ford club asking the question but have not seen a response. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021