Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Trim restoration in New England?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mattilac, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Mattilac

Mattilac

Anyone know anyone who does classic auto trim restoration in the New England area?

Need to have a grille along with several other smaller trim pieces redone properly. Most pieces are aluminum (bright anodized). Couple steel chromed pieces too.

Would prefer not to ship, given the size of the grille, hence inquiring about any guys in NE.

Couple pics for reference (not all parts shown):

instrument_cluster_housing1.jpg

headlight_and_headliner2.jpg

grille.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  2. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

New England Chrome Plating
    East Hartford , Conn
    Good Luck
    Stretch

3. Mattilac

Mattilac

Thanks Stretch. NE Chrome did my bumpers. I don't think they do anodizing but will double check with them.

4. pitman

pitman

Italia bro & sis, ran father Rod's shop when he retired. At the circle rt 1 South of Newburyport. I stopped by in '08, they were doing prodution work, still considered custom high end work then. Circle Plating.

5. wahoo

wahoo

Light Metals in Southington, Ct. will do the anodizing, but the repair and polish would be up to you.

6. Mattilac

Mattilac

NE Chrome doesn't do any anodizing. Neither does American Electroplating in Lawrence. Both pretty much said "good luck with that". :D

I'll check with Circle Plating and Light Metals.

7. Mattilac

Mattilac

Unfortunately the other guys were a bust too. It seems no one does OEM-style bright anodizing anymore.

I might have to bite the bullet and ship the parts out to King of Trim in CA. Anyone have experience with them?

8. Mattilac

Mattilac

I was just about to ship my parts out to King of Trim when I discovered Tru6 Restoration & Design right here in MA. I've heard/read great things about their work on other forums. They do bright dip anodizing along with other restoration platings.

Guy named Shaun runs the shop. Very responsive to my first email.

Anyone know about Tru6?

9. pitman

pitman

^^^. Let us know ;)