Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Amherst or Epping?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sporty45, May 26, 2016.

1. kasselyn29

kasselyn29

Thank you looks like will try for the 11th.

2. What is the current status of Southern NH swap meets? Is Amherst gone forever?

3. I realize that this is an old post. I started going to the Amherst flea market in 1967 when it still had antique / junk dealers there. I continued going to Amherst in later years, although just April and October, they were the first and last for the year. When Werner Carlson died, the family did not have the flea market for a year. They sold the land to a person that got greedy, and chased the vendors and customers away with his fees. I then went to Epping after that. I would go up to New Hampshire from Connecticut on Saturday, stayed overnight and went to the flea market on Sunday morning. This what I also did at Amherst. Before we moved to Pennsylvania my wife and I would make the weekend trip at least twice a year. We even went to the Candia flea market to support the efforts of the two brothers that ran it, but apparently they had different opinions of what to do, and it fizzled out. Support whatever flea market you can, because they may not be around tomorrow. We went to the NSRA, in York Pa. and Good-guys at York, Pa. this year to see the flea markets. It was an hour and a half each way, only to get dis-appointed. York's NSRA meet used to be fantastic with a great flea market when we used to come down from Connecticut, but now I won't waste my time going there for either meet. I am now 80 years old, but still trying to enjoy life as best that I can. I am now on kidney dialysis 3 days a week, but I try to stay active and go to flea markets and the nostalgia drag races as often as I can.

The37Kid and Horror Business like this.
  4. Sporty45 likes this.
  5. gonzo

gonzo

If you go to Epping and set up to sell your fee gets you into the drag strip for the day.
    If you go this weekend that means entrance into the Mass Street Rod Association's Drag'n in the 50s event which has been happening annually for almost 50 years. East Coast Gassers will be there too.
    Planning to hit the swap meet and watch some racing this Sunday

Horror Business likes this.
  6. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I can remember going to Amherst, being there at 0530, raining, looking at stuff with a flashlight, obtain the best deals at that time. Have not been back to NH in years.

7. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Epping hosts nostalgia events on the last Sunday every month. The swap meet is an added bonus.

patmanta likes this.
  8. Had a great time today in Epping!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  9. Sporty45

Sporty45

10. Hmmm, I see a photo and a link. Looks like user error on my part. Damn. Can anyone tell me what I need to correct? Thanks.