Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical who sold this brand of wheel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cshades, Aug 23, 2021.

1. cshades

cshades
    from wi

i bought a pair of these center caps a few weeks ago at a swap meet. just curious who sold this brand of wheels. the caps are metal.i put them on a set of alum slots

Attached Files:

catdad49 and Squablow like this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

3. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Foresight maybe?

[​IMG]

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Couldn't resist
    [​IMG]

uncle buck, Texas Webb and Deuces like this.

5. Those are just way too cool! I've seen JC Penney's chrome stuff and tires and such sold under their A/FX brand. But nothing branded with the Foremost name before.
    :cool:

Deuces likes this.
  6. squirrel

squirrel

from an old hamb for sale

tire.jpg

catdad49, Elcohaulic, Deuces and 7 others like this.
  7. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I knew it wont take long with you guys. i bought the pair of caps for $25. i thought they were a lot cooler than the pair of new plastic ones for $20 that i almost bought.

dan31 likes this.
  8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

drag slicks at JC Penny.... are they still in business? they closed the store near me.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. They are, but they're hurting just like Sears was. In the late '60s/early '70s Penneys' jumped with both feet into direct competition with Sears, with appliance, automotive and tool lines. Their Penncraft tools were mostly first-rate, with many of the hand tools being re-branded Proto; I still have some of them. But sales didn't meet expectations and by the end of the '70s they were back out of those.

catdad49 likes this.
  10. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pretty amazing that back in the day, you could buy pants and socks at a tire store ! But it was the same at Wards, Sears, Penney's. Heavy sigh, those days are gone sad to say !

11. KenC

KenC

Agree w/JCP. That was their house brand for a many items. Back in the 70s at least they sold lots stuff. I had a complete 1/2dr socket/ratchet set from there. the ratchet finally lost a tooth 4-5 years ago. Just curious, I emailed JCP corporate about the lifetime warranty. They had me buy a ratchet of my choice and take the receipt to my local store. They refunded the purchase price of a NAPA ratchet. I shoulda got a Snap-On! But really didn't expect anything.
    I also bought my first woodworking jointer from them, DeWalt back when they were owned by Rockwell..
    They had a big auto center in Tulsa, tires, service etc.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  12. AB6DO

AB6DO

JCP also had a life time guaranteed auto battery. I got two replacements at no charge as per their warranty.

13. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My dad had one and when Penney's closed their auto centers they sent him to Firestone for a replacement. Firestone warrantied the Penney's battery that died with a Firestone top of the line battery and marked the receipt "lifetime" . All was good until the battery was stolen and no more lifetime warranty.

catdad49 and Hollywood-East like this.
  14. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When got married in 66 my mom worked for JCP.. bought us a Pencrest Refrigerator.

15. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

The Foremost brand was also on a lot of the clothes and household items, kinda funny that you could have your wheels and your pants be the same brand.

squirrel likes this.
  16. gene-koning

gene-koning

When I was in my early 20s, I worked at a JC Penny Auto Center for about a year and a half. It was towards the end of the auto centers business venture.

You could buy pretty much anything you wanted through JC Penny, and most of it was really good stuff. The Auto Center was the same way, up until about the last 6 months I was there. I mounted several sets of those slicks, you had to order them through the catalog, and they took about 3 days to come in. The store policy was the purchaser had to carry then into the auto center before we could mount them. We couldn't touch them until they were inside of our building, probably eliminated the store from any liability. Several guys told me they were the "Best slicks you can buy for that amount of money."

The Auto Centers were treated as separate stores from the main store we may have shared a parking lot areas with. Nearly all of the Auto Centers were separate buildings or structures added to the main building. Our center was a separate building that was attached to the western side of the main building, only a lockable walk through door was shared between the two buildings.

The Auto Centers with the lowest profit margin were closed first, the store I worked in was one of the last Auto Centers closed. I was the low man on the totem pole (and the youngest guy there), so I was the first to go, about 2 months before JC Penny closed all the Auto Centers. After the Auto Center closed, the 3 main mechanics in our store went on to open and run their own repair shops. One of them is still going 40 something years later, the guy I worked with has his grandson running it now.

Over all it was a pretty cool place to work. You got a store discount card for anything in the entire location (even the catalog), and I could buy stuff through the Auto Center at 10% over their cost. That was a pretty important discount for a young couple with a newborn baby.

They laid me off on a Friday, and I had a new job in a completely different occupation the next Wed! I'm sure a good word from my former Supervisor went a long way towards my new job, as did the fact I got laid off in the morning, and applied for the new job about 2 hours later. The delay was waiting for the results of the pee test. Gene

catdad49 and Budget36 like this.