Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bad Chad 32 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZZ Top Chop, Nov 5, 2020.

1. ^^^ AMEN brother! Ooops did I just quote Danny Koker (ha ha)!!!
    Yeah, I really gotta give some major props to ol' Bad Chad.
    How can you not like the guy? He's a total character man.
    I would much rather watch his show than Gas Monkey garage, Overhaulin, Counting Cars, Bitchin Rides or Iron Resurrection. Although I will force myself to sit though the boredom and lame personalities of Iron Resurrection to see Amanda's segments. She is such a smokin' hot cutie! Love her.
    Honestly, I watch all these shows, even the re-runs, over and over. Because I freakin' love cars and watching what these guys can do. But I feel all of them are way too scripted and only programmed for entertainment value. And we rarely get to see any Hot Rod builds or wild customs. So, yeah I'm a bit taken aback with the amount of disses on ol Chad here, because I think he is the closest thing to HAMB worthy being televised so far. The key word there is "closest". I know he's not building traditional hot rods but his show comes across to me as less fake than the others. I also get the sense that he truly loves what he's doing and he puts his soul into his creations. So, yeah I think Chad deserves some cred, he's cool in my book.

2. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I doubt he is worth much, as stated above just look around him, nothing screams he has money including the inside of his house.

Also notice how his girlfriend starts worrying when it looks like a build might go over budget. She looks sincerely scared as in "how the hell we gonna eat this week" scared.

Blue One, trollst and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

I’m not a big fan of Bad Chad’s builds but to each his own. If he is happy with his builds and has customers are happy that’s all that counts the rest is just opinions. As far as reality shows be they car related or other they are all fake and get worse as the seasons go by. When the “ Deadliest Catch” first came on it was interesting but as time rolled on the crews started playing for the camera and then there was always the manufactured drama. Same way with the different car related reality series. Some I just can’t watch at all. I did enjoy a spin off of Wheeler Dealers when Ant Armstead built a replica of an old Formula One car. At least it showed some of the planning, actual work and finished car which took I think twelve weeks. It was supposed to be a fill in project between seasons of Wheeler Dealers.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Crocodile

Crocodile

One thing I really love about Kindig's show is that they don't bullshit us on the timeframe. They will do two episodes on a particular build, and he will say, "well, now after two years, the owner is really excited to see the finished car". That is one of the most legitimate shows offered in that respect. I did not stand in line to meet him at Back to the Fifties, but I did take a good look at a display car, and it was as straight and perfected as one could dream of.

Blue One, dutch deuce, RMONTY and 2 others like this.
  5. samurai mike

samurai mike

"the surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." Friedrich Nietzsche.

6. Magfiend

Magfiend

That uphill roof line is brutal...looks like "rat" is the flavor of the day there...

And someone here mentioned that no one nails in on the first try. This is obviously not this guy's first try - he's apparently a "professional" yet cranks out stuff that looks like that - how the hell does HE get a TV show??? He's obviously selling so I guess there are customers out there with taste just as bad as his...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Blues4U, alchemy and 56don like this.
  7. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Bad Chad makes some God awful creations sometimes. This ones not, it is so like a young rodder would have made in the earliest days of rodding and reminiscent of the early "Rat Rods" that people snickered at. A flathead would have been perfect in this car.

Jay McDonald and j hansen like this.
  8. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Reminds me of something a couple high school buddies would have built with limited funds and a local salvage yard.

I agree dont care for the top but again it has that use what you got look to it that started with the first hot rods.

Guess not everyone had an upper class upbringing to just buy parts and pay someone else to do their work putting cars together back in the day..

Could definitely see that thing sitting in the back ground of some late 50's early 60's tv shows and movies.

9. Guthrie1068

Guthrie1068

hang on, hang on!! I'm kinda new here, but I just saw a thread with 173 pages about how tired HAMBers are of Homogenized Hot Rods. Is he a tool? yeah, but so are you. We all are. That to the side, cars that make you stop and look, cars that give you a feeling, good or bad, are what its all about. Nobody here wants to have a car that doesn't make people stop and look. If you took a minute out of your day to write something about it here, then that car did what it was supposed to do.

10. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I like em a tad more on the finished side

11. I like the show. Some off us don’t have a lot of gingle in our jeans.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  12. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Kind of a leap in logic isn't it, that if you criticize this build, than you must've had an upper class upbringing and just buy parts and pay someone else to do the work?

WiredSpider, X38, K13 and 1 other person like this.
  13. This thread had me wondering. Do builds like his in Canada have to have an inspection before they can be licensed as road worthy?

Chicster and Stogy like this.
  14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Canadian Club question.

Bob

Stogy likes this.
  15. trollst

trollst

Depends which province you're in....

Blue One, 56don and Stogy like this.
  16. badgascoupe

badgascoupe

Some of his creations are not for me... then again barris' sonny/cher mustangs were some trash as well!

17. Watching him build another Bugatti-style coupe from a 34 Chevy. It's on YouTube and not Discovery, seems like he just likes to build stuff.

Would be even better if he put a straight 8 OHV Buick in it.

Wish I worked as quick.

Sent from my moto g(8) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. 34Larry

34Larry

I like the guy................a lot. Most of his stuff is not at all my cup of tea but.................he is creative, imaginative and a hard worker and he is as happy as a pig in shit about his creations, and he dose not give a big damn if YOU like it or not.

19. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If that roadster had been pulled out of a shed after being pushed there in 1960 by some kid before he headed off to war, I would bet many folks here would be losing it completely over it. :)

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Jibs and j hansen like this.
  20. This kid is so creative...his crew and him can build some crazy stuff...his brain is off the hook...not always my style but he drives everything he builds...

Sorry to drag it back up but he is what he is...

MikeC

21. fuzzface

fuzzface

I got tired of the show, just like all the others too much added drama.

but you know what I enjoy? I watch him almost every morning for an hour or so on you tube. his girlfriend runs the camera, he builds and just recently added a young apprentice to help do welding and such. Far from the tv crapola. right now he is building a coe out of a 36 4 door ford that ended up on top of a 49 mercury.

22. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

Glad he’s happy with it!

23. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

This guy is a like a train wreck happening in slow motion. For some reason Facebook's algorithms seem to think I like ol Chad, and they keep putting his videos in my feed. His latest project is some kind of really weird marriage between the top half of an old truck and the bottom half of an old car, with the result being far worse than your imagination may be picturing it.

swade41, X38, Sky Six and 1 other person like this.
  24. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

It's all about self promotion (Reality TV :rolleyes:), merchandising and profit to the producers and participant(s). Sad thing is that viewers see those builds as being the benchmark. :( It and similar shows are aired down here and have attracted a niche following, thankfully many of us see it for what it is and don't fall into that category. These builders march to their own beat, have vision and some talent however I'd rather focus on my build and other more important things than watching TV.

charleyw and X38 like this.
  25. At least the guy is out in his shop building stuff, not sitting at a computer complaining about how other people build stuff.

4274SPEED, rc57, JimSibley and 5 others like this.
  26. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

You're right, and kudo's to you for thinking positive. And I will say that the other day he posted a video of a car he shot some gloss black paint on. It was a two-tone car, black on silver, and the black was spectacular, he laid down a gorgeous paint job. So if I'm going to criticize the guy I'll also give him props where due.

57 Fargo likes this.
  27. I just find it funny some people are quick to say what shit something is because it’s not what they like…I have respect for anyone that builds anything, even if it isn’t my style. If everyone liked the same things it would be awfully boring.

slim38, ottoman and Blues4U like this.
  28. RodNoc

RodNoc
    from Kelso, WA

I appreciate his low buck creativity and encouraging attitude. He seems like a solid guy. After all he's not on here trying to convince the forum he is Hamb appropriate. He's out putting food on the table by building old cars and doesn't have the luxury of working at his own pace on a time frame he finds convenient.

Just as a comparison Jeremy Clarkson after 20 yrs of Top Gear, multiple Amazon series (Clarkson's farm was the #1 rated on Amazon for a bit) lives in a 1000 acre farm in Europe and has a worth of 60 million. There is no way Chad is anywhere near that.

57 Fargo and slim38 like this.