Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Follies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by larry k, Aug 22, 2021.

1. larry k

larry k

Any HAMB doings at the frog follies this year ???

2. HotRod33

HotRod33

I'll be there.... Going up in my 36.... Still got a lot of work to do on it...lol...

3. lake_harley

lake_harley

I'm registered with my '23 T roadster. E'ville is about 170 miles from my home in Southeast MO. I got absolutely drenched in the car a few weeks ago and didn't enjoy that experience too much, so if there's a strong chance of rain/storms on Thursday, Friday and Saturday I'll be going in something OT. I wonder if I don't take the T roadster, can use my event registration at the "spectator" entrance?

Lynn

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

good swap meet but walking is hard on the large ballast, needs walking stone

5. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The weather is predicted to be good in Evansville next week. Whatever that means and whatever will be the result is up in the air. The missus and I will be there in our white '37 Chevrolet coupe. I'm guessing it will be the only pure white one there.

fastcar1953 likes this.
  6. larry k

larry k

Drive that roadster anyway ! You don’t want to miss this one .look for me by the river city Rodders banner at the top of the hill by that big tree , the best true rod run in the nation !!!

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  7. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

They are 5 of us headed that way Thursday morning. Leaving Columbia around 9 am.

8. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My 41 Plymouth, Brad and I are planning to make the trip.

9. primed34

primed34

Plan on being there in my '34 Chevy coupe.

10. tim troutman

tim troutman

plan on being there every day

11. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

I,m going up early friday
    Never been before and I want to hit the swapmeet
    I was told that it is mainly street rods and not a lot of trad stuff.I,m not sure if that is true

12. Nah there's a helluva selection of cars there, and I've come out of that swap meet better than any other swap meet that I've been too.

13. lake_harley

lake_harley

So...the weather is looking good and I'm heading to Evansville tomorrow morning. I've been to the Frog Follies as a spectator several times but I can't find any info on the FF website or in the registration confirmation what direction to come into the grounds as a participant. I seem to recall coming into the grounds from the North before so is that the general area and entrance for pre-registered participants too?

Lynn

14. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Yes, as I remember, you enter on the north side. The participant entrance is just after the RR tracks before the spectator's entrance. Enter and park, then go to the top of the hill to pick up registration material. Have fun!

lake_harley likes this.
  15. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Heading out Thursday morning. We’ll be up on the hill across from registration building with 5or 6 others. Stop by and say hello.:D

16. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There will be 20 or so of us just north of the registration building under the huge tree. We normally have a HAMB get together at noon on Sat. but the last couple of years very few showed up. Look for a red 32 coupe, a black 32 coupe, a blue 33 Dodge coupe and a purple 41 Chev. coupe.

rockable likes this.
  17. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I’ll see you all Saturday :D

18. lake_harley

lake_harley

Made it to E'ville! Hot ride in a Roadster for sure! Thanks to the 5 guys from Cape I came across by chance in Cape Girardeau, MO who let me tag along with their group. Much more fun to travel with others than running solo like I expected to do.

Lynn

wizzo likes this.