Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I am so damned impossibly stupid it's embarrassing. A major mod on my 34 I never realized it has.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you...good idea, Larry, Again, I don't believe I shared anything that would ruffle any feathers...Shiftwiz didn't have to crop the trunk area I shared which isn't actually the subject of the post in the first place...

If you can see the front or rear suspensions don't share it...and furthermore don't even mention it...it just invites drama of the wrong kind...

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess you haven't followed the Threads about this Hot potato...Larry or anyone posting this Hotrod has to be very selective of images shared as many others here do as well with their rides due to varying criteria...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Budget36 and chevy57dude like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20210819_174627.jpg

:)...Radiused doors just realized by Larry...:D

He's looked this thing over and over since 1996...

What's that saying?...learn a new thing every day...:cool:

Heres a Stogy Duh!, after 3 years I realized the light switch in the Ole Hot had a dim feature...either that or I forgot I did...:p

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  4. 34Larry

34Larry

And I will add that the HAMB rules around this and what they are ARE OK with me. The term "traditional" is so subjective that it really is not worth discussing and defining.

Stogy likes this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Correct...but also understand you can share images but very selective ones...again I don't believe I've crossed the line with what I shared in my post earlier...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. indyjps

indyjps

Well at least you never had to change the trunk lid or door and find out when you closed it.

alanp561 and Stogy like this.
  7. goldmountain

goldmountain

My '47 Plymouth has rounded trunk corners and my buddy with a '40 Dodge coupe which is very similar had sharp corners so we rounded them to match. The rust in the corners probably influenced the decision.

8. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Its a job done well either way , flows with the wheel arch and flows with the shape of the front of the door. Is that a 33 nash roof Larry?:eek:

catdad49 and Stogy like this.
  9. 34Larry

34Larry

No the insert is from a 40 Ford two door sedan, Jerry Berg told me.

Stogy likes this.
  10. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I personally think Larry has a great hot rod...with some terrific hot rod history.
    I understand why the "HAMB police" axe certain pics of your car, but a full side view shouldn't be an issue...especially if you claim the rims as Dayton's (Dayton Wheel Co. est.1916)

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As many times as the trunk lid on my 51 Merc left a scar on my head or on my back I'd have loved to have hand rounded trunk corners on it and not just so it had an extra modification.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

When custom features are done to a car to improve there looks, they just look like they came from the factory that way.

catdad49, Stogy and '28phonebooth like this.
  13. Larry, don't feel too bad about not 'seeing' something... Short (true) story:
    Growing up, my folks had a Mom & Pop grocery store/gas station.
    One evening a couple who were regular customers come in, and this follows:
    My Mom: "I like your new hair-do."
    Customer: "Thanks. You know, he (pointing at her husband) didn't even notice!"
    Mom: " Don't feel bad, I could walk around naked and he (pointing at my Dad) would never know."
    Customer: "Sure he would... someone would tell him!!".
    Sometimes things just blend in, you know?

catdad49, alanp561 and Stogy like this.
  14. Budget36

Budget36

Yes I have. I was speaking/typing about what the OP started the thread about. :)

Stogy likes this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I understand Budget, He Shared the very pics today in reference in a later post that were Hot Button and removed them graciously...I don't like seeing membership getting in trouble and will advise as I despise drama.

Budget36 likes this.
  16. wicarnut

wicarnut

In my infinite wisdom I had king bee headlights on my roadster and was unhappy with the vision at night so I upped the wattage # on the bulbs, now I had bright headlights driving home first night I used them, first one went out, within a short time other near home, made it home, got out smelled that electrical stink. I disconnected the battery, next morning I looked and it had melted the plastic plug in for the bulbs. I had a wiser friend come over and explained to me how lucky I was that I did not have a fire as no headlight safety fuse in system and I went too high on bulb wattage #. One of many stories of learn as I go, I have been asked many times, do you know what you're doing ? My answer is always the same, pretty sure and I'm doing, still pertains to today but I learned to research a subject for some education to avoid some problems. I am a DIY guy even now in my 70's.

17. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Drama????? On this board, surely you jest???;)

lothiandon1940, Budget36 and Stogy like this.
  18. AGELE55

AGELE55

Lol…now THAT sounds like me.

wicarnut and Stogy like this.
  19. G-son

G-son
    from Sweden

Well, it's a great customisation if it looks better than the original without being obvious. I'd say it was executed perfectly, and you noticed it just as much as you should have. It looks better, but you can't find the difference!

alanp561 and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  20. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Did you think you'd get over the DIY thing ? My grandfather ( a dentist) was still ,55 years ago , DIY ing at 75 , just had that mindset , his outlook was , " some dumbass in a factory put (whatever) together , I oughta be able to fix it !

alanp561, wicarnut and Budget36 like this.
  21. 34Larry

34Larry

About the wires. A west coast show promoter was the 2nd owner of the Northern Star back in the 70's and rebuilt it his way. He told me he had some pull in the industry as such and had Truespoke make them for the car, they were one off at the time. They were in good shape when I bought it in '95, and being a Buick guy I have always admired wire wheels. They are early to mid 70's in origin and have a couple of small spots on the reversed rear ones that are bad, but you got to get down to see them.
    Thanks a lot HRjack33 for the kind words. Being an outcast in a "hotrod field of dreams hobby", can get hard to live with at times.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  22. 6sally6

6sally6

Yes truly........"Confusion is good for the soul!"
    6sally6

wicarnut and Stogy like this.
  23. X-cpe

X-cpe

In the 3rd grade I had a friend, Chucky, that lived across the field.
    "Hey Chucky, what you doing?"
    Answering with his 6th grade wisdom, " I don't know, but I'm not going to let it stop me."