Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods DRAGMASTER CHASSIS PLANS?????????????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodyTom, Apr 22, 2015.

1. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

I want to build a dragmaster dragster, flathead powered and am looking for plans, blueprints, dimensions, anything that would help................

chryslerfan55 and philip ryder like this.
  2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

It seems this has been posted before; a lot of guys were looking for this information. A couple/few guys have gone this route, and someone (Tardel?) was even repopping the chassis at one time. Good luck with your dragster; I've always liked the "skid bar" chassis dragsters. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

3. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Contact Dode Martin. He rattled off all the measurements and process straight off the top of his head to me. We talked several times about him building more chassis but he said he didn't think anyone would want them! He still has all the equipment from the Dragmaster shop.

4. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

5. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

still looking for more info

6. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

7. tevintage

tevintage

Hi Woody:
    Dode is in Fallbrook, CA. It's a small town he should be easy to find. Rodders Journal did a nice article on him a while back maybe they could help. Good luck. TEB

8. rooman

rooman

Try 760 728 7999

Roo

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dode Martin
    (760) seven two eight-8027

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

11. He also built some T roadsters with torsion bar suspension in the day.

12. philip ryder

philip ryder

Did you happen to find the plans for the dragmaster. I am now on the same quest and any info would be helpful. I’m also in Michigan. Roseville

13. I have Dragmaster blue prints.
    Terry aka dirt t

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  14. I have the blueprints.
    dirt t

15. I've always wanted to build one too. Would it be possible to get a copy of the plans., Thanks Steve

16. Roothawg

Roothawg

I’d be down for a set. Don’t mind paying you for your time and legwork.

17. I'll find out what it costs to have printed
    Then add postage.
    Terry

kidcampbell71 and Roothawg like this.
  18. jnaki

jnaki

Hey D,

The Dragmaster Plans are a nice offer. Perhaps you could just scan the plans onto your computer from your scanning printer. Then check them out on your screen to see the clarity. If they are good, then you have the basis to send to anyone or anywhere in digital form. No postage or manila flap envelopes to have to use... it is a no hassle way to communicate.

When you scan, try the normal 300 dpi plan from your scanner. If the scan is not to your liking, then use the 600 dpi check list for the scans. The 600 takes a little longer for each scan. Normally, the 300 is standard and usually looks good.

If the scan did not work, or your printer does not have a scanning program, you could go to Fed Ex or stores like the old Kinko's to have them use their scanning printers to make a digital copy. That should be peanuts in cost. The result will be that you will have a good scan from their quality scanning printers.

If you don't want to do all of that work, this might also work out for you. Place the Dragmaster Plans out on a clean surface, so it is perfectly flat. Get high enough overhead with your digital camera and point straight down to see if you can take a nice digital photo of the plans without blurry edges. If not, you might have to use a tripod.

Attach the camera to the tripod and angle the camera down directly overhead of the plans to get the them in focus. Now, take the shot. (or several.) A digital copy will make life easier for everyone. You will have a permanent copy to see from your files anytime. The digital copies should be just as clear as the original and you won't damage the original when you want to print or send the copies.

Jnaki

So, how should you send the copies to everyone that would like a copy? I have used a program called We Transfer. It is set up so the first 2gb... yes Gigabytes, which is a lot of photos or digital scans are allowed to be sent to anyone's valid email address. This is done all for free. But, if the item is over 2gb, then there will be a charge to send bigger stuff.

You may send as many 2gb free items to a valid email each time. Usually a couple of digital files from scanned documents are not even close to 2gb. So, you should have an easy and secure way to transfer documents or photos to another person with ease and simplicity. It is one of the best computer services that is offered. I have sent my digital files to different people and to businesses wanting to see the old historic files, using the We Transfer program. YRMV

If you need additional help, let me know. I have used the tripod method as have others and it is a good way to photograph an old photograph or document, without a blurry mess. The photos are still clear and these days, they are in digital form to adjust on your computer. In the old days, it was a color slide or B/W film I developed for the results.

chryslerfan55 and bchctybob like this.
  19. I'll check with blueprint place for cost of printing.

20. I thinking Tom’s all set….he’s got a killer Dragmaster Chassis car…
    FB5D6107-7C67-4BE9-AC8C-38F19B9E94AA.jpeg 16D7BFE8-5358-4702-919B-D64E93F86A65.jpeg

21. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

did anyone ever come up with plans?

22. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

i wan't to sell my flthed dragster, thinning the herd.i'v had it 46 years, last ran in 1983, never raced it just showed it, won many trophys. mag. & calinder car. it came from lincoln nebraska, had a cornhuskers speedway sticker on it when i got it in 1975. it's in my barn, a ''barn find''

23. My timing is perfect. I just logged on tonight to try finding plans. Flathead rail is my next project.

24. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Kudos to your project. The dragmaster chassis was very popular in the westcoast after they started appearing at Lion’s Dragstrip. the original single SBC Potvin supercharged model was fast from the start and had many winning days and nights.

Dragmaster original film and sound from 1959

upload_2021-8-18_4-35-27.png
    Then the popularity and great design had additional followers with big time drag racing history behind the team that set up a purple colored Dragmaster frame.
    upload_2021-8-18_4-38-24.png
    One big surprise was that the team of Cyr and Hopper went from a big hemi powered FED that won almost everything possible in drag racing, to a Dragmaster chassis with a Potvin supercharged SBC motor.

upload_2021-8-18_4-39-19.png
    Then, it was, Cyr and Hopper, Dragmaster, World’s Fastest Chevy powered FED. DRAG NEWS 1959-60)
    upload_2021-8-18_4-40-54.png

The new challenge was a Potvin styled 671 in front of an SBC motor, in a lighter, Dragmaster frame. Instantly, it became known as the “Worlds Fastest Chevy.”

upload_2021-8-18_4-41-43.png
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...picture-thread.228509/page-1995#post-13957611

Jnaki
    Check out :22 perhaps it might give you some inspiration.
    Dragmaster total

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  25. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

If you are going to race this build it will have to meet NHRA chassis specs...If I was going to invest time and money on a digger build I would consult the NHRA rule book for chassis specs...

26. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

That will not work as this design does not fit the templet that NHRA provides in the rules book. Best bet is to contact the Chassis Tech Inspector (the one who will sign off and tag it for you) with your plans and have him interpret both the book and your plans to come up with a workable solution. Also be aware that most commercial grade steel tubing measures under size and will fail sonic testing for thickness

27. 61cad and Roothawg like this.
  28. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

We were in Bryon at Glory Days about a month ago and Tom set a new personal best e.t. that he has been chasing for over 3 years, a run in the 8's--ran 8.999 --he was on the last run of the day on Saturday.............................

29. Roothawg

Roothawg

I saw yall at Don Moyer's event in Ohio. It was awesome getting to watch the car run. You guys were in the heat of battle, so I didn't bother ya. 91B31109-E64A-4E4C-B6B3-15B106D4EF0A.jpeg F4FE9E25-38BF-4D5E-B38E-7658C34310E8.jpeg

30. I was as happy to see that pass and time as Tom and his crew was!

chryslerfan55 and woodyTom like this.