Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville Speedweek 2021 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Here is the car. Simply badass
    [​IMG]

SilverJimmy, Jet96, mctim64 and 9 others like this.
  2. A Boner

A Boner

71F6FC15-581F-48D0-9F2C-B637EE614598.png Explanation of why using a bicycle at Speed Week isn’t the best idea!

Stogy, Jet96, engine138 and 3 others like this.
  3. As I have mentioned in the past, and I am a lifelong rider, the distance is one thing. But, out on the salt away from the pits you look like a fly speck! Way to dangerous to try and run the gauntlet in staging or the trip on the entrance road when folks can't see you.

And that pic DOES NOT do the distances justice!

Stogy, Jet96, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  4. However, bikes do work well for putting around the pits. But like @Tman mentioned, I wouldn't suggest making the trek out to the staging lanes/starting line.

Stogy, loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  5. Yeah, I haul my single speed out for pit duty. Helps if you need to run errands

Stogy, loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  6. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

. . . and the Pit area has the slowest speed limit of any other area. You can just slowly get run over.

7. Sometimes from multiple directions!

dirty old man, Stogy, Jet96 and 2 others like this.
  8. Ken Smith

Ken Smith
    Alliance Vendor

like going to the port-o-potty that might be a 1/4 mile away. :D

Stogy, loudbang and Tman like this.
  9. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Stogy, 41 GMC K-18, mctim64 and 2 others like this.
  10. Yes, he has that for several years. I would love to compile a list here of sites and FB and Instagram pages of LSR teams. Back in the Aughts there were tons of blogs and web pages for many teams. FB, destroyed that

11. Thanks for the plug but this FB page is more comprehensive as to what goes on in my world. It's for the business "Hanford Auto Supply & Machine" Feel free to follow, I update this more often. :)
    https://www.facebook.com/Hanford-Auto-Supply-104276129638512/?ref=pages_you_manage

Stogy, Blue One, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  12. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Doug is a very smart man
    All of his stuff is well engineered and fast.
    His Horsepower Engineering Front engine rail is one of the few cars to have beaten the Greer,Black and Prudomme rail

Stogy, mctim64, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  13. Yeah, always admired his cars. Eddie drives this one like an old peddle clutch car since they do not use traction control. Following his progress as a driver has been fun!

Stogy, loudbang and SilverJimmy like this.
  14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I listened to his pass about 45 minutes ago ran 306 and change in the 4 mile and 310 in the five mile but as the 308 yesterday was though the 4 mile he gets a new record of 307 and something and a blue hat.
    The car sounded good all the way through.

rod1, Jalopy Joker, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  15. And for a BLUE HAT! 307 Record with a 311 Exit out the back freaking door!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Ladies and so called gentlemen. This is HUGE! #66 is offcially the worlds fasted roadster. PERIOD. And when you look at it, they are using 50 to 60 year old technology. It is a Quickie, a clutch and a hemi like you would have seen run in the 60s. Tuning, refinement and meticulous prep got them there.

17. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Yeah, but it's an ARDUN Hemi !

Stogy, Tman and 5window like this.
  18. 296ardun

296ardun

robinson karadezian blair.png
    Doug Robinson ran this Chevy coupe with fellow Blair guy Karnig Karadizian in 1961. He is still going strong today. That's 60 years of hot rodding. Very few hot rodders (maybe Isky) can say that they have been hot rodding for at least 60 years. (and when he went top fuel racing a few years later, he built his own chassis and his own engines, and did his own driving...that puts him in a pretty elite class, with Garlits, but few others).

stillrunners, Stogy, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  19. Still a vintage pushrod design

Stogy, 296ardun and loudbang like this.
  20. Thanks Dave. I've been at it for 60 years myself.

Stogy, 296ardun, 97 and 2 others like this.
  21. Thanks for posting! There is a ton of experience out there at any given time. If you see a dude in a red hat with grey hair, odds are he has a story. I enjoy it when someone like @jimmy six or Ted Eaton come round the pits and starts talking engines!

Stogy, 5window, 296ardun and 2 others like this.
  22. "Wally"

"Wally"

Congratulations to #66 wish I could have seen your 308+ run, that's smoke'n fast!

We had a good week on the Salt beating our 2020 record of 173.429 with a 177.776 and then smashed that with a new D/BGRMR record of 198.503 top speed of 200.536 running on the short course. Salt was GREAT this year! Start Line.jpg 200 Run.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

loudbang likes this.
  24. Congrats!

loudbang likes this.