Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do I post picks from smart phone ?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 0NE BAD 51 MERC, Aug 18, 2020.

1. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Hi guys , New to this whole smart phone thing. I am cleaning house and have some parts and project / parts cars I want to put in the classifieds. Most will mainly go in the Pay it forward section and if someone in the Wisconsin and surrounding areas want to come and pick up it is theirs. I know there is a H A M B app but I cannot seem to load it. Any help would be nice. I want this stuff gone but the car guy in me does not want to crush it if there is a need. Larry

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After writing your ad click on upload a file. Go to the photo you want and click on that. Then “done” make sure your curser is at the end of your add when post. Full size too it you want.

Darryl Deir likes this.
  3. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

It is always harder to post anything without some problems from a cell phone. It does not matter if it is an android or Iphone, it has been noted that problems exist. Take the photos and wait until you have access to your laptop or home desktop computer. Then, you can load the photos on that section of your HAMB webpage using your laptop or home desktop computer. It is as easy as pie and there won't be the hassle of the complicated phone app or just trying to get the HAMB on the tiny screen.

Jnaki

Tried many times on both apple and android. It is not worth the hassle. No problems with the laptop or home computer. By the way, tablets also have some glitch and do not work as well as the simple laptop or home desktop computer. Some people have success, but most do not. It is not worth the effort and questioning oneself about why...

Pretty soon, the smart phone as well as smart tv will be an oxymoron as it has created a whole new way to frustrate people.

4. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Guess I will just have to charge up my camera. I know how to do it from my lap top, I just do not know how to get them from my phone to the lap top. Larry

5. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    If you have a email system on your phone like Gmail, take the photos and save them to your phone photo folder. Then open the email server and set up an Gmail to the Gmail on your laptop. If your laptop email is outlook, that is easy. If your laptop has the Gmail application, then sending from your phone Gmail to the laptop Gmail is simple and easy, too.

If you don't like that method, which is fast... then you might want to get one of these devices:
    upload_2020-8-18_9-23-13.png
    upload_2020-8-18_9-23-30.png

Jnaki
    These are to plug into your phone outlet and transfer photos or stuff. Then the other USB end plugs into your laptop or desktop computer. Transfers are point and click.

But, try the Gmail application on your phone first. It is fast and virtually fool proof.

6. I have never had an issue loading pictures straight from my phone to the site. You cannot use the classifieds with the App anyways so don't worry about that. You have to do it through a browser on your phone then it works pretty much like it would on your computer like jimmy six explained.

lothiandon1940 and guthriesmith like this.
  7. I use two options to move my pictures from the cell phone to the computer. Option one, is to plug the phone into the computer using a USB cable, and just download the complete directory. This option gives me the choice of whether or not to keep the files on the phone. I normally delete all but the special pictures I want to keep on the phone.
    Option two, I email the pictures to my email address from the gmail account on my cell phone. This also is quick and easy.
    I have found that when posting pictures, it is necessary to keep the size of the photo down to approximately 300 k of memory. It is possible to select the smaller memory requirement on the cell phone, by looking into the configuration options.
    When I take a fine photograph, and I wish to post the picture, I download the large photo onto the computer, and use a program such as Photoshop or GIMP to produce a photo that is suitable for posting.
    It works well, after you get used to the pattern.
    Bob

41 GMC K-18 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. indyjps

indyjps

I open HAMB on my phone thru google. I avoid taptalk, never use it, and I never have an issue. Android, never apple anything.

Pic is on my phone, HAMB is on my phone. Easy. Screenshot_20200818-113910_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200818-113927_Android System.jpg

Once youre in files, you need to be able to find the pic on your phone, thats not HAMB related but how you set up your phone and store pics.

9. indyjps

indyjps

Youll get this view once the pic has uploaded Screenshot_20200818-114756_Chrome.jpg

Place the cursor, highlighted vertical line, where you want the pic to go in your post. Click full image.

10. indyjps

indyjps

One addition to j-jock's post. Advice is for Android.
    If you plug your phone into the computer with a cable (the charging cable with USB end from original manuf also acts as a data cable, at least for samsung). Samsung has a download for your computer so they "talk".
    Eliminates the need to buy the device jnaki posted - this is a memory stick that fits both phone and computer, it can be useful at times.

Once phone and computer are hooked up, it acts like a computer folder. You can search the picture drive and pull just the pics you want, reorganize the picture storage, move pics on and off of the phone to a computer or usb stick for storage. No need to download the whole directory each time.

You can also pull the tiny memory card from your phone and put it in an adapter to plug into computer usb drive, allows the same movement of files. You have to store pics to the memory card as a default to allow this. Most phones are set up to go to the phone memory for quick access.
    Setting your phone up to save pics to the memory card will keep it running faster.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    j-jock likes this.
  11. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Man , I wish I had the computer knowledge you do , I'm afraid I'm stuck with an analog brain.!

12. indyjps

indyjps

Well - Im 45 and have to jump between a lot of stuff for work.
    For reference it takes me forever to do a set of points after I look up and read the directions that I forgot since the last time:D

13. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Seems we grew up in very different times !

indyjps likes this.
  14. I need to get one of those for my MacBook.