Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show your Tramp!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by TraditionalToolworks, Aug 10, 2021.

1. TraditionalToolworks

TraditionalToolworks
    from NorCal

These days we see a lot of 'ol gals that are classified as "Patina" or some call a "Derelict". I like to refer to my 'ol pickup as a Tramp. At least for me, I like an 'ol rusty pickup driving down an old country road...

My Tramp is a '46, and the 'ol gal is more original than most of the restored vintage trucks I'm seen, after all mine has more original parts and paint than most of theirs do. Most restored to original have everything replaced like new, well, that ain't no Tramp is it? Mine is painted with Tramp paint (Rustoleum applied with a brush :D).

Whether it's bagged, original, patina'd or running like a Derelict, please feel free to post your Tramp!

Genuine Rustoleum, from what I can tell, including brush marks.
    1946-chevy-pickup-01.jpg

Interior:
    1946-chevy-pickup-02.jpg

Battle scar:
    1946-chevy-pickup-07.jpg

Upgraded 235: (I guess mine is a Hot Rod after all...;))
    1946-chevy-pickup-06.jpg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    R A Wrench, wraymen, 67drake and 4 others like this.
  2. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I thought you were talking about Tramp Warner, the legendary pinstiper from Ontario, Canada
    His art work is worth a small fortune to many people who love pinstriped panels.

I was in a shop here in Florida that sold One Shot sign painters paint and right in front of me handing on their wall was a panel pinstriped by Tramp and the guy said to me do you know him and when I said yes my very question was is it for sale.

He told me he won it in a raffle years ago, and he offered to sell it to me for a few dollars.
    I was honest with him and told him it was worth a lot more than a few dollars, and that is when his ears perked up, and he thanked for being honest with him because he had no idea what he had.

Jimbo

Fordors and wraymen like this.
  3. TraditionalToolworks

TraditionalToolworks
    from NorCal

Yeah, most of Von Dutch's work goes for big dollars also. He had an old South Bend 9" lathe that was pinstriped, and it sold for way more money that it was worth. It sold for over $20k. It had an original wooden bench, but the machine was probably worth about $4k, IMO, at MOST!

Nobody seems to want to share their Tramp/Derelict/Patina cars and trucks.o_O

4. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

Nice! I’d drive the wheels off of that tramp!

5. TraditionalToolworks

TraditionalToolworks
    from NorCal

That's exactly my plans, but I'm in the middle of a complete drivetrain conversion, pulling the Chevrolet 3-speed out, swapping in a T5, '55 Series 2 open driveshaft, '55 Series 2 rear axle and swapping out the 3.90 ring/pinion with a 3.38 set. I have the T5 torn down to the cases on a rebuild. Using a '95 WC S10 T5. The one piece I'm waiting for aside from getting the T5 rebuilt, and the ring/pinion replaced in the diff (I have that open, and axle is not on my truck, it still has my torque tube), is an adapter plate that Dave Farwell at Vintage Metalworks is making for me. I still have my original '46 bell housing, which is a narrower pattern than the new '55 Series 2 -> '62. I have one of those also, which I got with the '55 parts, however, my pedals are connected mostly to my old bell housing, so if I swap it I see a lot more work. Dave should have that for me soon, it needs to go from a '37-'53 Chevy mount to a Ford bolt pattern. Yes, GM shipped a Ford bolt pattern in '94-'95 (for the WC anyway). I'm working my way through this but the bottom line is if you want one of these old cars or trucks to drive comfortably on the highway, the ring/pinion and/or trans is the way to bring the RPMs down.

I don't wanna be getting flipped off in the slow lane. Even those folks get P.O.'d in the slow lane.o_O

6. WOW! Im sure that was a difficult thing to do for most people, honest or not. I would like to think that I would do the same thing. Refreshing to see!

7. Cool looking truck.

TraditionalToolworks likes this.
  8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought it read Trump.;)

9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Swamp 3.jpg
    My Shoebox Ford....painted in my driveway 10 yrs ago to look like it was done 50 yrs ago. Worn interior, scrapes, dings, etc. But it's mine!

R A Wrench, sidewayzz69 and jimmy six like this.
  10. TraditionalToolworks

TraditionalToolworks
    from NorCal

That looks GREAT! Shoebox is classic, I love the grills. Are those original wheels/hubcaps? I like those.