Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Iron Trap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Colemire, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Anyone on here watched 'Iron Trap' on U tube? This guy does some cool stuff with old cars. He's working on a coupe now and installing a 324 Olds engine and a Lasalle trans. He has several old hot rods setting around and pretty much stays with 60's style. I found it the other night when I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd share. Buying this Fire Stick from Amazon was the best thing I ever did. I can watch stuff like this on TV now.

2. Gnater

Gnater

Yup. He also has a great Instagram. He definitely ascribes to the spirit of this forum, and generally drives them like he finds them.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

stillrunners likes this.
  3. Grease348

Grease348

I’ve watched his channel for a short while and I usually pick up some useful information.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

stillrunners likes this.
  4. oldolds

oldolds

lothiandon1940, Tim and egads like this.

5. There are a lot of Youtube channels/pages that give us a lot of information. His interest and type are especially in tune with this forum. The only issue I have with a lot of the channels, is that they can rabble on, with a little too much commentary, but I guess they get earnings from the minutes viewed.

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Matt's name here is IronTrap
    Always good to see early Olds engines going in traditional hot rods.
    Couple things caught my attention in that episode, he said swapping the starter to the opposite side was super easy, although it's not too difficult I'm not sure I would use super easy to describe, and you can see some serious drilling on that flywheel, like it was prepped for an externally balanced engine..
    'enjoyed the show and look forward to more.

7. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

yeah man watching from over here

8. Matt just bought a 40 Merc that was in storage for 30 years and it's in very good shape !

jim snow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Yeah. His last couple of car purchases have been "bar raised real high" compared to the starting points for the Free-T and earlier stuff. You can tell he has gone all in on this full time gig. The Merc and the 34 5 window are both really cherry survivors. It's super cool to see him find this stuff, and he still gets excited about it like it's new and fun. Good times!

jim snow and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  10. Didn’t he have a gig with Eastwood or something

11. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Yes. He has gone full time out on his own now.

12. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Correct. And Mike, the video / editor guy just went full time.