Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Greetings from Winters Performance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Winters Performance, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Hey guys! We're no strangers to The Jalopy Journal, but since this is our first official post we wanted to make a proper introduction. We manufacture quick change rear ends, 9-inches, shifters, racing transmissions, and other driveline components. Our company was founded in 1958 by drag racer and transmission builder Vaughn Winter Sr. Though Vaughn passed away earlier this year at the age of 90, the company is still owned and operated by the Winter family, headed up by Vaughn's daughter, Nina, and grandson, Bob.

We know there's a wealth of knowledge on this board about quick changes (and everything else!) and there are also a number of our dealers who are active on the HAMB, but we wanted to let you guys know we're here and happy to help with anything we can!

Thanks.
    -The Winters crew

Tim, deadbeat, The ideaman and 56 others like this.
  2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to see you here. Looks like a class operation.

Welcome.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Sporty45

Sporty45

4. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Welcome! I have a Winters aluminum 9” housing under my Cyclone. Its the second housing I have purchased from your company, the first one went under my ‘33 Victoria.
    4040DC6E-511A-4D0B-B88F-C6D582523E44.jpeg

slim38, loudbang, dana barlow and 9 others like this.

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

So glad to meet you folks, your involvement here will be greatly appreciated.

Hot Rods Rule !

6. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Welcome.
    You're probably gonna get a lot of...I have a Winters.....
    So, I'll join in too.
    My 54 Studebaker Conestoga. Hung on Chevy truck arms.
    Note, it's not quite this clean any more..! I try, but...

upload_2021-8-10_16-47-24.jpeg
    upload_2021-8-10_16-50-1.jpeg

Mike

7. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are a few quick change threads floating around here with plenty of your rears. You can find them in the search.

done331.jpg

Welcome to the HAMB.

-Abone.

PS. I have spoken to Beaver a few times. Is that you?

Tim, blvdbill, lo c dan and 6 others like this.
  8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey! I have heard of you guys! 188244835_4276596255706623_5763006793914245564_n.jpg PXL_20210728_020913919.jpg

9. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

10. lake_harley

lake_harley

I've always wondered if there might be a family relationship since my last name is Winter. Chances are slim, but Winter isn't exactly a common last name,

Lynn

loudbang likes this.
  11. Another Winter checking in! BTW, you guys have an awesome t-shirt logo. I was wearing my Winters Rear End shirt yesterday.....one of my favs!

Jim Winter

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Good to meet you, and I have a V8 Winter's QC too.

loudbang likes this.
  13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’m no stranger…strange yes, but no stranger

Tim, loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not yet. I need to figure out where to put one.

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  15. HotRod33

HotRod33

16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Forgot pic
    upload_2021-8-10_20-38-49.jpeg

Tim, lo c dan, hotrodA and 5 others like this.
  17. Thanks for the welcome, fellas. It's great to see our rears in your hot rods (and also to hear from the couple of guys that might be part of the Winter family tree!) If we can answer any questions, provide any tech help, if you have suggestions, or anything else, just let us know. That's what we're here for.

@gimpyshotrods that's definitely one of the more unusual applications for our quick changes we've seen. Love it! If you wind up posting a build thread, let us know so we can check it out.

@kabinenroller it's cool to see one of our 9-Inch housings in place, and the painted finish with the polished fins looks killer.

@flamedabone that coupe is gnarly! Beaver (another member of the Winter family) actually retired a few years back. I'm Curt Iseli (I just joined Winters full time earlier this summer, but I've been in the industry a long time and have personally been on the HAMB for about 20 years), and when we're posting here on the HAMB you'll likely be hearing from me, Bob (grandson of Winters' founder), or Mike (assembly supervisor and quick change technical guru).

Thanks again for posting up pics of your Winters-equipped cars. We love seeing our rears in action!

Tim, lothiandon1940, slim38 and 7 others like this.

18. Welcome back Curt! Knew I recognized that name when I read it.

loudbang and dana barlow like this.
  19. Same here, Curt. I know you from your former employer.

loudbang likes this.
  20. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Used to unbox your fine equipment when I worked for Zipper in Grand Junction CO

loudbang likes this.
  21. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

93C19E58-0715-4A6A-A7AF-BCDD88B4A485.png Your one rear end I enjoy looking at. I had one in my roaster pickup I won from NSRA years ago.
    Built by our own krylon32.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  22. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Well I don't have a quick change in my coupe but I really want one someday. Always great to support a family business!! Thanks for reaching out to us!

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  23. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Thanks for the KUDO's Petejoe, the giveaway car was my first Winters rear bought from Vaughn Jr. I've used and sold many QC rears over the past 20 years, always seems like I have a rear or two on order for either my shop or for a customer. Never had a problem with a Winters rear to date. Thanks for a quality product.

24. ratrodrodder

ratrodrodder
    from Boston

Welcome to the HAMB! Great to hear so many positive stories from current users / customers, too. Maybe some day the planets will align for my own QC...

25. GeeRam

GeeRam

I've got a Winter's QC in my '32 3w.........now I need to find out how to get a T-Shirt as well :)

loudbang and Blue One like this.
  26. It's always great to hear good reviews of our products. Thanks @krylon32 and others who have been using our equipment for so long.

@ratrodrodder we are holding an Open House this Thursday the 19th (combined with the kick-off party for the Goodguys York show) at our headquarters. We're about an hour north of Baltimore, so if you get the chance come on up and check out where they're built. If you make it up, ask for Curt or Bob so we can say hey.

@GeeRam if you give us a call or shoot us an email (or a DM here on the HAMB) we can get a shirt on order for you, and we're also working on a web store so that you can order them online. I hope we'll have that live sometime early next month.

27. irishjig13

irishjig13

@Winters Performance: Glad you are on board, I am hoping to close a deal on a rear end in the next couple of days. If it works out I will be in the market for some parts I am certain.

loudbang likes this.
  28. ratrodrodder

ratrodrodder
    from Boston

@ratrodrodder we are holding an Open House this Thursday the 19th (combined with the kick-off party for the Goodguys York show) at our headquarters. We're about an hour north of Baltimore, so if you get the chance come on up and check out where they're built. If you make it up, ask for Curt or Bob so we can say hey.
    [/QUOTE]

D'oh! I'll be on the west coast at that time, but thanks for the invite! For some reason I thought you were further away... York is dangerously close as far as my wallet is concerned! :D

29. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

Please make more clutchflite parts!!!!

427 sleeper and loudbang like this.
  30. A Boner

A Boner

How about posting some pics of the quick changes you currently are selling along with some specs?

loudbang likes this.