Register now to get rid of these ads!

SERVICE STATION GIVE AWAY'S & PREMIUMS

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Do you guys remember all the cool things stations used to get and keep you coming back?

there was a Shell station next door to my days shop and I remember the key chains, pens, ice scrapers and glasses. what about you guys? HRP

Deuces and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. Oilguy

Oilguy

Some of these items were giveaways. I also have a lot of road maps going back to about 1938.

Attached Files:

Okie Pete, Deuces and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  3. Fordors

Fordors

5FD5FCC3-478F-4C4E-A6DB-4864E9820E4B.jpeg

Four foot long Sinclair Dino, my wife has had this for decades.

D0EC8852-C296-440B-9010-BDFC64104001.jpeg

Our four year old grandson just got one for himself on a road trip to Colorado.
    He’s in the Witness Protection Program. ;)

4. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Don't forget the Blue Chip stamps and the Green stamps. And of course, the orange 76 antenna balls.

5. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Fina had Pink Air advertised and pink valve caps

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's some of my gas station give-aways I've had or collected over the years. 50 folding maps ranging from 1929to the early-'60's and just about every gas station. the "Bond" drive plate is from Mobil and the ice scraper from Sunoco / DZ Scotland Oil Co,, Scotland S. Dakota. I only pick stuff up that interest me and are really cheap - mostly garage sale stuff. Salt & pepper shaker gas pumps are Esso.
    I was more interested in collecting the maps, but they fell off my collection addiction 20-years or so ago. S&H Green Stamps I got as a kid and have hung on to for many years for some unknown reason.

[​IMG]20210810_152438 by TagMan, on Flickr

7. The give-a-ways were cool, but the station owner bore the cost of most of them. They were coerced by the oil companies to provide them, which amounted to free publicity for the oil company and lower profits for the owner.

8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10 gallon fill up got you stainless flatware at Chevron. I started in 65, had 8 place settings by August of 66 when we got married..

9. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Firestone Christmas Songs on vinyl LP records, steak knives, and NFL drink glasses.

10. My Dad would get my brother, and I Christmas toys from the Texaco service station. We got a Firetruck, tanker ship, and I even service station too. Each year they offered real cool new toys. That's my brother holding the Texaco tanker ship, Christmas 1961. 1920.jpg 339.jpg

11. AGELE55

AGELE55

For whatever reason, we loved these. 3F1CEC59-3B38-487B-85AD-184633024C96.jpeg

Okie Pete, Deuces, partsdawg and 4 others like this.
  12. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Great haircut Ron! Lookin' Strack with a high & tight buddy

Deuces and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  13. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Remember back in the mid 60's, walking through the living room of a friends house, I noticed a package on the end table. I made a comment like, "is it some ones birthday."
    My friend replied, no, My Mom's brother, his uncle, owned a service station in the Dalles, Oregon, ( about a 100 miles away) and when the station had a contest, they always won wither they entered or not.

14. It seemed like you were inundated with crap when you bought a tank of gas. I still have a bunch of Hot Wheels that the local Shell Stations were giving away in the early mid 70s. I also still have the round smoked glass drinking glasses with the local NFL team logos etched in. Because of where I live I was able to collect both San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raider glasses. I don't remember how I got it but I had a very nice scale model Texaco oil tanker that I took baths with. I still have a box around here full of Shell give-aways. Maps, ice scrapers, pens and other junk.