Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Model A Mischief

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Aug 6, 2021.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Model A Mischief

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. 2935ford

2935ford

I don't think that's beer they're drinkin....they're into the hard stuff! :)
    That roadster with the front end out of it.........the lad on the left looks a little shifty to me! :)

Big mike 1968 and Piewagn like this.
  3. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I always liked this one with the riley! [​IMG][​IMG]

36 ROKIT, Nobey, catdad49 and 9 others like this.
  4. Piewagn

Piewagn

But no mention of their matching ball caps......:D

Big mike 1968 likes this.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Lots of details to zoom in on. The roadster in the second photo for example, look at the spring eye on the front end.

The spring is still attached to the frame and not the mud covered front end, looks like the eye has been clean snapped off and the remainder bent over!

Must have been quite the ride!

6. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Rougher than rough, and tougher than tough".I like that. A line out of the Wizard of Oz?

kidcampbell71 and dana barlow like this.
  7. coast40

coast40

A lot of hunters wore red sweatshirts and hats for hunting. Often red felt Effnem hats.

8. Budget36

Budget36

^^^ I was think hunting trip too.

Big mike 1968 and dana barlow like this.
  9. v8flat44

v8flat44

Chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug, the ole Model A was quite a tug, i think i'll go find my mug .......hic-up

10. catdad49

catdad49

Those campers/ hunters might be haulers. My one Aunt was said to have known or even rode along with a friend who hauled illegal whiskey across the US-Canadian border. I also see one Sharp unfinished roadster and a group of hot rod hoodlums. Joey, why are most of your posts A related?! Hope you doing Great, Carp.

hotrodjack33 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. Nobey

Nobey

I think that first roadster parked at the curb, got into a crash. The axle looks like it sitting at an angle, the frame
    horns are gone, tie rod end on the wishbone is really bent, the radiator shell was probable the first
    one to the scene of the accident. The car was probably finished off nicely before this happened. Neat post Joey....

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  12. Nobey

Nobey

On the hunting roadster, I love those bumper guards made from a rear Model A bumper. I think you guys are
    right about the hunters, look at that knife the guy is wearing

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

The 29 has a lot of favorite touches, as mentioned. Note the obligatory Klaxon mounted on the right frame rail. I need to mention though that windshield frame is in the style of a Hallock. A DuVall would have a top rail enclosing the glass. The side uprights would splay outward slightly. The inside corners are more rounded.
    My father had a friend who collected survivor A's. They would find places to run them into the creek, then follow the creek to a place where they could exit. One guy had stripped one down to the bones. keeping only the seat. The purpose was, it was able to climb the steep, steep hill from his house to a hanger and air strip, at the top of a wooded mountain. We had to go about four miles on the roads. He made it in 5 minutes.
    One of his Gems was a hearse. Pristine condition, black of course with dark purple accents. After an 'A' meet one Sunday I made the trip back to the house laying on my back, on the right front fender. Just don't tell Mom.