Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cant find a part for 1936 Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Maintain, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Maintain

Maintain

Been searching for the front clips that hold down the side panel hoods. When you turn the handle to lock the panel, it slides over the clips, and locks in place. I have the rear ones, need to find the two front pieces. Can anyone direct me? Thank you. Greg

2. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I know of a couple in a local old junkyard but probably will not be able to get to them until fall or early winter and then bring a chain saw.

4. Maintain

Maintain

Negative. Will do so.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is one of the things one has to deal with when they have a project car that doesn't have any aftermarket support. Hunt down and scrounged used pieces.
    I'm not trying to be cute or a smart ass on it but have seen it too many times with others.,

Maintain likes this.
  6. KenC

KenC

Try posting at p15-d24.com. First do an intro post then post in the wanted section.

They do mostly later model Mopars but some so of them have 30s.

Maintain likes this.
  7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Do you have a picture of what your looking for? I have a 37 P4 and not sure if its the same.....

8. 51 mercules

51 mercules

You might try G&G Mopars in Colton, CA (909-825-1231)

9. earlymopar

earlymopar

Contact member dwollam in Madras Oregon (he's currently at Bonneville with his 34' coupe). However, he has a bunch of cars and parts for mid 30's Dodge and Plymouth cars and trucks. At a minimum, Dave can probably take a picture of the front and rear "catches" that the hood latches engage with on one of his cars or trucks. Going from memory, the rear catch bolts to the inner splash panel (the louvered piece). The front catch is I believe on the grill shell frame or support. I looked through all of my 37 Dodge pictures and of course, I found no pictures of these parts.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    Maintain and alanp561 like this.
  10. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

I believe the part # is the same for that piece on the P4 as the 36 Plymouth.

11. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

love them mopars...had a 37 coupe , 327 , worn steering box....love the latch style those years...in a pinch bungie cords ...

12. Maintain

Maintain

Thanks to you all for your suggestions. I know with all those leads, I will find the parts. If not, do the best you can, and improvise!

13. Maintain

Maintain

Negative. Need a parts manual. Expensive. But the person I bought it from does...TU

14. Maintain

Maintain

Appreciate you doing that. The part should be in a parts manual for the '36 P2? The guy that sold me it has one. Ill check w him first. Maintain

15. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

Check with Andy Bernbaum Auto Parts they might have that part in their cars in the salvage area look them up on the web an call them

Maintain likes this.