Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Corvette in the Hay Loft

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anthony myrick, Aug 6, 2021.

1. AC5DCF95-7A04-40F9-A63C-63A0989504B9.jpeg 89F471CD-C143-4498-A3B8-F48C20B45C11.jpeg
    If its already been posted, I’m sorry.

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Lucky for @Moriarity he doesn't have room in his loft, he wouldn't be able to drive his Corvette to breakfast every morning.:D

Bandit Billy, Deuces and Moriarity like this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw that on a truck group a few minutes ago. It looks like everyone from the tow truck company was out there on that one. Not as screwball as you think because they only moved far enough to let the wrecker holding the Corvette down. It was probably put up there with one of those trucks they load cargo into airplanes that often get used to put roofing up at roof level in their second life. That would be a working addition to the Moriarity collection.

Attached Files:

Deuces, anthony myrick and Moriarity like this.
  4. All these barn find first generation Corvettes sure don’t help with my desire to have one. I need to get to talking to some of the farmers I work with. :D

stillrunners, 56don, scotty t and 2 others like this.

5. Yep. I’ve seen lots of farm trucks with the scissor lift set ups.
    Either that way or Goober Pyle dismantled and reassemble it.

6. Around 1990ish, I went with my future father-in-law to look at a Model A. He was thinking about building another one.
    We pulled up to the guys modest shop and checked out the A, technically an AA.
    Anywho, underneath the shed was a early 60s vette. Inside the shop was a split window, across the field I spotted a shell sitting at the tree line. That was a 54.
    And me young, ignorant and broke.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    Kreepea_1, catdad49 and Algoma56 like this.
  7. indyjps

indyjps

Pretty good way to get it down.

My Uncle had a large construction company ( think million sq ft metal building), as a teen I worked at the main location, often unloaded trucks of material when the jobs were done.

Not a big deal, except it was only me and a lot of equipment and I was 12-17 years old.

Used a skyjack with a platform on the forks to load insulation rolls in the loft of the barn, when there were no skyjacks around, I used a crane to pick up the whole job trailer to the barn loft door. The shop guys just watched....told me that was a little excessive.

8. I see a nice Corvette project, and 2 call-outs on someone's AAA membership card.

9. pigIRON63

pigIRON63

My dad tells the story of a Ford Model T in the loft of the barn where he bought his 2 Off Topic 68 Camaro convertibles in the early 80's.

anthony myrick likes this.
  10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone else hearing Aerosmith's Toys in the Attic?
    upload_2021-8-6_11-5-8.png

11. If it took two roll backs to get it out of there how on earth did they get it under there. LOL

@anthony myrick cool post buddy. :cool:

VANDENPLAS and anthony myrick like this.
  12. Beaner, really long ramps?:D

VANDENPLAS and anthony myrick like this.
  13. I guess. Hell I thought my car hauler was too tall. :D

VANDENPLAS and 57 Fargo like this.
  14. Wouldn’t catch me driving it up there! Pretty clever way to get it down though.

15. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

I cant see how a single rear axle truck wasnt wheel standing with the load they show.

16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I saw some where; maybe on here a '36 Ford Cpe being taken out of its loft storage. Wood ramps and some bracing, not really that precarious.

anthony myrick likes this.
  17. Mark has been there!

cap4.jpg cap7.jpg

TagMan, anthony myrick and VANDENPLAS like this.