Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures The Last Peaceful Place on Earth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 22, 2021.

1. dwollam

dwollam

Yep, same Dennis! He will be here (Bonneville) possibly tomorrow or at latest Friday morning.

Him and us are camping up the hill from the big bend in the road.

Dave

fegsta and Thor1 like this.
  2. fegsta

fegsta

Well we met him 2019, what a grate fellow. wish we could travel. But maybe next year. You all have a grate time, and I'll be there in spirit. All the very best Tim.

3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoyed that, thanks Jay!

fegsta likes this.
  4. Agree with all of that. 'Cept 'only place on earth'.. we got beautiful sea-level Lake Gairdner down here.
    Friend of mine is buildin' a /GMR. 2021 DLRA meet was good. I did some art there. Again, a meagre return. It's OK. The art will be in the next issue of HOT ROD INTERNATIONAL. 140308LakeGfieldkit.jpg 140308LakeGsaltgaze.jpg 140308MtIvetree.jpg 140304DLRAstartline'14;BKNo.jpg

Thor1 likes this.
  5. 4bangerbob

4bangerbob
    from AB, Canada

there are a few more salt lakes

Hoz-e Soltan (Salt Lake) I have seen, truly magnificent, apparently up to 7 meters thick and about 690 sq. miles, unfortunately due to its locate (Iran) it is doubtful it will ever see a race car .

The other, which I was close to but did not quite make it is Lake Baskunchak located not too far from Astrakhan, which is where the volga river goes into the caspian sea. The flats are actively mined for salt and are about 115 sq. kilometers. Apparently there have been some speed attempts on this surface/shore after the turn of the century and again not a very speed user friendly location.

Thor1 and Tman like this.
  6. I know people that have gone, I need to add myself to that list.

Thor1 likes this.