Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical THE ONE PIECE THAT ELUDES YOU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 25, 2021.

1. NORSON

NORSON

I've found that if you find it you don't want to think about it, you just pull the trigger.

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Lol my Dad is looking for them as well.

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

To answer HRP’s original ? Peace of mind . :oops: Second thing is having too many transmissions that I cannot make a decision on what I want to stick in old “Effie”.

chryslerfan55 and Hank37 like this.
  4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Carlisle Pa... Corvette & GM show has em. Worth a trip. I bought one with windage tray, needs sone cleaning, but an original off a 350 hp 327.
    Thats a tough one my 65 283 nova block got 67 302 crank and a windage for camaro pan.

Nice running little 283.
    Samsung 8-Jan-20 162.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    chryslerfan55, Oilguy and -Brent- like this.
  6. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought 5x 57 single 4bbl WCFBs... to clone a few for future tinkering. Shafts and parts available to get clone to 245hp, 270hp clones. At least an attempt at an affordable price.

Several were found on Ebay.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  7. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ive been looking for the complete shift knob (3pc) for a Fenton Shift Star drag race shifter.

Attached Files:

8. manyolcars

manyolcars

I talked to hotrodprimer about trading. I need 1933-34 Ford pickup rear fenders and running boards. Maybe someone can help Danny out with a 3 way trade. It would be a bonus if I can pick them up in the Texas area

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Great thread!
    • 1933/34 Ford closed car door latches (L&R). While United Pacific makes repro pickup latches, I don't believe anyone makes repro closed car latches. ( Traditional car; don't want to install Bear claw latches).
    • 1933/34 Ford junk 3/w doors or just door tops and 3/w or 5/w Coupe roof sheet metal chunks, for a puzzle Coupe I've been accumulating parts for years.
    • 28/29 Model A Sedan, drivers side lower quarter panel (beltline down).

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. scotts52

scotts52

33/34 Dodge/Plymouth coupe decklid. Not fiberglass.
    26/27 Ford roadster decklid in steel
    38/39 Ford tonner rear fenders
    33 Dodge grill.

11. I need an EELCO silver faced, with red and blue trim, water temperature gauge. This is the only EELCO gauge that I need to complete my instrument panel. I will take one even if the capillary tube is cut. Also, need super rare EELCO tachometer and speedometer. Mike, from Orange County, California had a pair at the LARS about 10 years ago.

12. A nice cheap 36 Cord body, any condition, for a grand or two is what I need.

13. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A solid orange, Covico steering wheel in 14” or 15” diameter, dished or flat. Been lookn’ for one for 48 years.

chevy57dude likes this.
  14. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

An any condition affordable 32 ford B -400 body

15. ras

ras

My unobtainium is a decent frame for a 41 Desoto, Chrysler is the same, Dodge and Plymouth are different. If you know of something near the central part of Indiana.......

16. silent rick

silent rick

a weiand 7161 dual quad carb adapter for a 4-71 blower

17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Danny, do you know whether Frank Otto had to split the wishbone. I want to do something similar but want to keep the bones intact. Thanks for any help.

18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great idea for a thread Danny!!! I was able to help a fellow HAMBer out...but isn't that what it's all about?
    @Doublepumper now has the piece that has eluded him for years:D
    zmir1.jpg

19. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

1955 Dodge pickup V8 nose badge, never seen 1 in my area ever.

20. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

21. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Ashly Judd.....oh, wait a minute, never mind

22. You are a righteous dude. Class move.

23. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A bank statement from my bank with my name on it and a one million dollar balance in the checking account.

egads and Max Gearhead like this.
  24. Country Joe

Country Joe

51 F1 hood trim

25. banditomerc

banditomerc

1950 mercury Monterey steering wheel..

26. IMG_0146.JPG For about 50 years I've been looking for a 427 BBC with aluminum heads . Whenever I saw one they wanted a small fortune for it . Will a week ago I bought a old modified stock car with a 440 BBC , Dart heads and a roller cam . The deal was I take all the spare parts and spare engine with it .I asked what the spare engine was he said a 340 BBC , I said I never heard of a 340 maybe he meant a 366 BBC . He said if you don't want it I'll scrap it . I took it and it was mounted on a Allstar engine stand. Got it home scraped the paint off the heads and they're aluminum with a stamp on back of heads that they were ported by Don's Porting Service in Albany N.Y. Then i scraped the paint off r. frt. of block , to check serial number , turns out it's a 1969 427 Special Hi-Performance 425 hp and with alum. heads 430 hp. Then I take off intake and there is a roller cam and with stainless rocker arms and special oval track oil pan , wow I hit a gold mine ! Now I got to pull head to check pistons , stock were 12:1 compression . Also got two Holley carbs. that need rebuilding , there off a 69 Chevelle 375 horse 396 BBC 780 cfm , Also got a dry sump oil pan with a 3 stage pump and oil tank with all the piping , Also 3 finned Buick brake drums . Plus a 7000 lb. trailer with 4 new tires . also a spare hi-rise single plane intake .My stock car has about 600 hp and is so loud I can hardly hear when I shut it down . This is the race car of my dreams ! View attachment 5137644 View attachment 5137644 IMG_0536.JPG

27. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-8-25_4-34-10.png

Hello,

I noticed that the photo I have been using to showcase our 2nd 327 powered 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery was an interesting shot. In looking at it on an extreme magnification enlargement, I noticed that there is a slight gap under the nose of the hood. This was during the time that We were in a time crunch to get started in the coastal drive to my mom’s house in the sedan delivery. I checked everything during a maintenance walk around.

But, in a hurry to check the oil and water, I remember grabbing the hood latch and lifting the hood up by it. Yes, I know that is not how to lift the hood. I had done the correct way plenty of times with great results.

Like most of us, being in a hurry is the key to something getting screwed up. This was a royal example of a total lack of sense and being rushed to do something that normally does not happen. Instantly after lifting the lever, the hood raised about 2 feet. Then the lever broke in my hand and the hood dropped back down to its normal place. Here I was standing in our car port saying a bunch of stuff, being mad at myself.

Then projecting it to having to drive over a hundred miles to get to my mom’s house for a family function that we did not want to attend anyway. It all worked out as a way to say that family function was the cause of the broken hood latch… not the attempt of the user who made a bad choice at the time. Pure projection theory at its finest. It was something else that made it break. Ha!

Jnaki

Since we were going to be in Long Beach for the visit, we decided to stop at several other old car parts stores. One had a N.O.S. lever replacement, but wanted an arm and leg for it. The other place had a used one that looked like someone shot it with a salt pellet shot gun. No, thanks to both…

Finally, the OC antique auto parts stores did have the item in stock, but again, it was an arm and leg. During this whole crisis, the hood actually locked in the normal position and was secure for driving around anywhere. The handy vise lock pliers was now an accessory under the seat for emergencies. There was enough of a stub to grab it with the vise-lock pliers and open the hood in a “normal” fashion.

After using up all of our contacts, we decided to spend several weeks attending the huge swap meet in Pasadena, CA and on another weekend, the big swap meet in our old stomping grounds, the Veteran’s Stadium parking lot near the LBCC campus and the Long Beach Airport. These events had once been the go to places for any type of old, cool stuff. Once, they both had total garage clean out stuff that was fun to see and want at the same time.

But, over the years of monthly events, the Long Beach Vet’s Stadium Event was the one to attend for just about anything. The following months since the breakage, we bargained with several different vendors. The price for a NOS lever in pristine condition was acceptable, as we had left over money to allow us to have a nice lunch at our favorite pizza restaurant in Belmont Shore, down by the ocean and bay. It was a long way to drive every month to see if anyone had the valued part.

For the next several years of ownership and total So Cal cruising up and down the coast, I never lifted the hood of the sedan delivery with only the lever again. Lesson learned… But, not enough to give up a kidney…YRMV

28. pitman

pitman

Always lusted after, never found,
    a '32 Winters Grill insert.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    chevy57dude likes this.
  29. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

A 36 Chevy car optional glove box door with the clock and ash tray,first seen one at a swapmeet back in 76 or 77 and never Seen another until one shown up on that auction site a few years ago. I payed way more the the 75 dollars the seller was asking back in the 70s that I thought was too much,its ready to go on after I get the clock rebuilt.

30. Dorrssacadilac

Dorrssacadilac

Been looking for the correct one for years now.